Problem with temperature gage on 2004 Adventurer 33V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garysu

My temperature gage does not move (stays on cold) until the gas gage registers 1/4/tank. At that point it will go to hot and will alarm. Put gas in and it goes back to the cold (as far down as the needle will go down). I've called workhorse and they tell me I need a new cluster. At $600.00 after tax and shipping I'd really like to make sure that i don't have a couple of wires crossed. I ask for a wirng diagram without success.

There are three wires coming from the temp. sensor. I have not been able to find them in the harness plugging into the cluster. I'm thinking maybe a couple of wires switched could be the problem.

Has anyone had this problem?

Gary

You talking about your engine temperature gauge?  If this is the case, your Atica cluster is bad, and you need to replace the whole cluster....especially if this hasn't happened before....it doesnt sound like a ground problem to me.

Gary - a great big welcome to rvforum!  Mark (Voyage1) is one of our Workhorse go-to people around here, so I think that's good advice.  Spending money is good for the country, so please feel free to help  ;) ;D

We look forward to having you hang around the forums!

Thanks John for the nice comment!  I'm really not an expert except in my own mind!  ;D

Gary....ATICA is replacing the clusters on a case by case basis (quasi warrantee?)  I would pressure your Workhorse dealer for the replacement by Atica....I also here that you can remove your cluster on your own and send it to Atica and they will repair and send it back for around $100.  If you decide to do this, let me know and I will find the number and address to send your unit to.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I would very much like the number and address. Do you have any idea of a time frame, I'm planning a trip for the end of May.

Thanks again for your response.

Gary

Gary, I am on the road today and should be back home tomorrow and will get that for you

Thanks Mark,

I talked to tech support at Actia. He gave me instructions on how to check the dianostics for the cluster. The cluster worked fine on the dianostics test, so it's the sensor or a loose wire.

Gary

Hi Gary,
You can download a copy of the W22 wiring diagram from my website .... just click the little round world icon on the left to get to my website and then go to the attachments near the bottom.

I looked at the pdf and on page 47 and 48 of 55, you'll find the connector pin assignments of the I/P.  That should at least get you started.

Good luck,
Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom