1978 Holiday Rambler Entry Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLWit

I have a 22' 1978 Holiday Rambler with a damaged door.
I was wondering if anyone would have knowledge of where I could find a used replacement? It seems like so many of these doors look the same and could be interchangeable? The measurements are 68 1/2 inches high and 25 1/2 inches wide for the opening section, the skin is a bit larger. The lock is 30" from the bottom and the dead bolt is 35 1/2" from the bottom. If any more info is required, let me know. The fire department had fun trying to open the door for an emergency and destroyed the door lock area. Any kind of info is appreciated.

can an oversize piece of metal be installed over this damage? The only other thing is get a bdoy shop to cut that out and fabricate a piece that would fit in the hole.??

I looked there for a salvage yard in western Canada or Washington state but came up empty. Anybody know of one?  I also need a door, the lower wood is rotted out, and a small fridge. Hate to buy new for our old Vanguard 5er.

I just got a bumper for a 1991 Holiday Rambler from this place.  Sounds like this salvage yard has a lot. might want to check it out. It says they are dismantling hundreds of RV's.

Colaw RV Parts & Salvage
Carthage, Mo
Phone 417-548-2125
or email
www.colawrvsalvage.com

I talked to a guy named Dwayne in parts, it was the next day before he could get back with the info but they had my bumper, its worth a try.

I will try to find another place I ran across that had various doors, don't remember who it was now.

You'll find Colaw listed in our resources section under RV Parts & Salvage along with many other parts sources.

I still haven't gotten my bumper yet.  The guy I talked to said it had been raining and also they had their wrecker stuck.  I guess they just take pieces off as people buy them.  I've already paid for it so hope I get it.  I know the weather is rotten up that way but I need it!! 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom