Viking - Any Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattsse

First I'd like to say hi to everyone since I'm a newb and thank you for any advice you offer.

Currently I'm looking for a used pop up about 10' in length, my vehicle is rated to tow 2700lbs so I don't need anything too big pushing it around.  That being said I'm looking at the following:

2001 10' Starcraft - $5k
2002 10' Jayco - $5500
2001 10' Viking Saga 2107 - $4600
2001 10' Starcraft - $5900

The prices are high because I'm in Canada.  They are all in great shape but the viking seems to be the nicest and offer the most bang for the buck.  Since I've never owned a trailer can anyone give me brand advice on the above?  I don't know anything about the viking brand and I'm not sure if they're any good.

Thanks!

Matt~

Matt,

We had a 97 Viking 2470 until it was rear ended last Aug on the way home from Canada in Bangor Maine.  The only issue we had was with zippers pulling off the plastic windows.  This happened in the first year and I think our particular model just had the sides stitched too tight.  We never saw another Viking with the same issue.  With a 2001 I think it would have happened by now if it was going to.

When looking at your weight don't use the dry (empty) weight remember to count all the gear you will store inside, full propane tank, water for boondocking weekends, battery....  You wouldn't think you could fit so much in a pop-up but we were easy 800+ lbs over the empty weight when fully loaded.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom