Dinette Remodel Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gcharte

We have a 2006 fletwood storm, I have read a researched plenty of sites but was hoping someone would have some ideas of replacing the booth dinette set with cabinets and a round table. We are in the north east, Long Island, NY and would love some insight on a local place. We also spend Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr in Southwest Fla and maybe there are reccomendations from there. Hey Thanks, if I'm in the wrong area then redierect please.

Gary

Gary, I just put some carpet in a Class C that I removed the booth to carpet under it. Most of the coaches with booths, unless there is plumbing, or gas heaters can be easily removed as these units were just brought into the coach and screwed to the wall and floor. If you lift up the seats and look inside, you will see a small piece of wood around the perimiter with some screws in it. remove those and there should be a couple into the wall. Let us know what you find. This is the correct section for your post.

Thanks I checked ours and it is full carpeted underneath and it is screwed to the floor. I don't think it will be a problem to remove. Now to find a decent cabinet maker in the area.

Gary

We removed our dinette booth and the couch in our coach.  Here are some pictures.  We had a cabinet maker do the work; but he is in Oregon, which doesn't help you.  The dinette and couch both came out very easily.  We bought the chairs at a store.

Marsha~

Attachments

• NewInstall1.jpg
    NewInstall1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 914
  • FinishedProject.jpg
    FinishedProject.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 837
Very nice conversion. Sometimes these booths take up so much room and are very uncomfortable

Thanks for the suggestions Ernie. We would like to put some storage cabinets and counter top where the dinette was very narrow of course and then a wooden round table that we can just about fold in half with two regular chairs and two folding chairs. We would like the choise to maybe have guests over and play cards and maybe get a round the table better.

Gary

Any one have a new ideas out there to replace their dinette with a table and chairs.

Gary

Are there pictures somewhere of how people have changed their homes by taking out the dinettes?  I would like to see more for ideas.

We had our dinette replaced by Custom RV Interiors in Vancouver, WA.

Attachments

• Tradewinds Table.JPG
    Tradewinds Table.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 332
I'm thinking of having my husband build the couch and then leave a slot behind it where we can either put a small folding table or some kind of table as I have nowhere else to store it.  This unit has extremely limited storage on the compartments outside.  I will be lucky to carry some tools, hookupstuff, leveling blocks and maybe a couple of jacks.  My husband is thinking of attaching jacks in some manner to the rear towing hookups in the back, we have 3 so I can level without having to drag them in and out and have to get under the trailer.  Knowing him, he will figure out something. We have some of the scissor jack ones from other RV's we have had.

Also the one panel that is damaged has no compartment behind it, he said one was there so he is going to rebuild it to give me another storage area.  We will be fine inside for food, toiletries, clothes and such.  Likely only will be gone a week or two at a time.

Here's what we replaced our dinette with:

Attachments

• Desk1.jpg
    Desk1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Desk2.jpg
    Desk2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Desk3.jpg
    Desk3.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 252
Ned, very nice! I'm an IT guy so I appreciate your workspace! :)  Is your provider for internet access done through satellite or do you hook up where they have internet access?

We have used HughesNet for satellite internet since 2002.  I'll use a campground WiFi connection if it's fast and reliable, however.

We can't claim originality on the desk design, it's a modified version of the one in Russ Mahoney's coach.

Love the desk design but still need a couch. I would like the dinette out and storage against the windows with a movable round table. We can then enjoy company and play games or cards.

Gary

That's a beautiful setup, I love it.  But we still need a couch too. Can't give up that space for a computer.  DD has a laptop we can use and mine is one of the HP slimlines.  It will fit in a small space, also have the flatscreen monitor.

My CPU is to the left, it sure is handy to have such a small one, figure I can easily take it and tuck it in anywhere.  The printer is large, had a small one but didn't meet my needs.  This 8500 wireless is great but will be staying at home. I'm not sure the size of the monitor, but I don't think its as big as it looks in the picture, but it does make working with a spreadsheet easier.  I do all our tax prep work, used to do all our taxes and will again but for now hubbies company has them done, I just do the prep work.

But I LOVE that desk.  I like all the things you folks have done with your RV's.  Such beautiful personal touches and you can tell thought has gone into them.  Plus the craftmanship is there too. Sigh, I'm trying hard to be satisfied with a 27 footer, then I see all these 40 and 45 footers, wow, what a difference. I just don't think I can drive one and pull a toad too.

Attachments

• HP Slimline 001.JPG
    HP Slimline 001.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 207
PatrioticStabilist said:
.....Sigh, I'm trying hard to be satisfied with a 27 footer, then I see all these 40 and 45 footers, wow, what a difference. I just don't think I can drive one and pull a toad too.

If you can drive a 27 footer you can drive a 40 footer. They drive the same. Point the front end where you want to go and the rear end follows.  :)

If you have any questions about driving just ask..Ardra, Chris, Pat, Sam (and many others that I'm missing) and these ladies will be able to help you out.

The toad stays behind the RV. I never see my toad in the mirrors unless I'm making a really sharp turn. You just have to remember when you pass another vehicle that you have to allow for the extra length before you pull back in.

Back
Top Bottom