Dinette Remodel Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pierat said:
Ned - Very nice. Where did you have that done? - John

I am fortunate to have a very talented brother in law that does woodworking as a hobby and he built the desk.

And then there is Lorna, Barb and me who all drive their over 35' motorhomes.  It really is easy to drive a bigger rig; and actually maybe easier, especially on the diesel pushers with the great turning radius.

However, it is nice to start where you feel comfortable.  Plus look at all the work you have done getting your RV just like you like it.

Marsha~

Yes, we will see how this turns out.  Driving it down the road isn't the issue, that I can do.  I drive my truck and pull a 20 foot trailer around a lot and have a 8 foot one for my Skag mower for the rentals.  And I know its easier to back the 20 footer then the 8 foot one. But then I think I would have to tow a vehicle behind also.  That's a lot of bus and car to turn corners with, park, and back.  We shall see how I do with this.  It may work perfectly for us and can decide at a later date if we want to do more.  Have to start somewhere and this is about as cheap as I can do it to see how it goes.

I know we are just batting ideas around here; but when you tow a car 4 wheels down, like you see a lot of folks doing with the big rigs, those cars can NOT be backed up.  You have to unhook.  Now if you use a trailer dolly, then you can back the entire unit (RV & car) up and into a spot.  That's one of the draw backs of towing 4 down, but it's a snap to hook and unhook once you get a routine down.

If you can tow a 20' trailer and back it up, you can drive a big rig with a tow car behind.

Just FYI,

Marsha~

Yes, I realize you have to unhook.  Just have to see how it goes I guess.  But we have got to finish the durn thing before I can even use it.  I love my husband but you get him involved in something like this it ends up taking on a life of its own.  He enjoys the fixing way more then the using.  It will be nice but WHEN?

Yep, you remember correctly :)

Of course, you could always marry into the family.

We're in the process of swapping out or bench dinette for comfortable chairs. We've got the dinette out already, waiting for the chairs to go on sale Black Friday (we saw the ad already). We'll be getting the Cushing chair from Staples.com, well... 2 of them. We'll replace the casters with bell gliders so they won't roll.

I have removed the bench type dinette in our coach. It was a very easy job, except for getting the benchs thru the door way.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of or cover up two 1/2 hex head bolts that stick up thru the floor? They are the adjustment bolts for the rollers on the bottom side of the slide floor.

George

Marsha/CA said:
We removed our dinette booth and the couch in our coach.  Here are some pictures.  We had a cabinet maker do the work; but he is in Oregon, which doesn't help you.  The dinette and couch both came out very easily.  We bought the chairs at a store.

Marsha~

Marsha -- Where did you get the recliner chair? I am going to rip out my dinette and that is exactly what I am looking for.

Tom,

We bought it in Junction City, Oregon at Country Interiors.  It's a Euro Chair with a footstool.  I love it.  I think if you "Goggle" euro chairs you may find a distributor closer to you. 

I read in another thread you bought an Allegro.  We also have a Tiffin motorhome.  Be sure to remember you can call Tiffin for any help you need; or for parts.  They excel in helping with their older coaches.

Marsha~

Thank you Marsha. Yes, I know all about Tiffin's great after sale service. That is one of the reasons I got a Tiffin. I got lots of great recommendations from Tiffin owners and I can see why.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of or cover up two 1/2 hex head bolts that stick up thru the floor? They are the adjustment bolts for the rollers on the bottom side of the slide floor.

George

sorry, got into this late, can you remove the hex heads (one at a time) and replace with carriage bolts??

Back
Top Bottom