Barb W One Year Later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb

Click Here To See Where I Am http://map.datastormu
Well last year at this time, there was a mini rally at Monument Valley. They all headed to Moab, and I took a life flight to SLC, Ut.

I left the hospital with scripts for blood thinners, heart medicine, and oxygen. They doctor said it would take about a year.  Well I'm happy to say that I'm oxygen free, during the day anyway. And I no longer have to take my blood thinner. But I still have to ware my compression stockings.

I have to continue on my 40 oz fluid restriction, and have 2 liters of oxygen in my VPAP at night.  I have my backpack oxygen for biking and hiking.  And I'm still doing my big box store walks.

My heart meds make me loopy sometimes,  So I don't drive, but that's getting better.  And occasionally I loose my balance.  Just momentarily.  But all in all, life is  pretty good, and I have a great guardian angel.  And the best husband in the world.

Working at keeping on that healthy path.
Barb
Salisbury, NC

What good news, Barb.  Especially that you're off the O2 during the day, I know that was a nuisance.  Frank is a good guy to have around :)

Barb, congratulations! Every gain counts, and it's good to hear of your progress. Encouraging news!  ;D

We're so glad to have you around Barb (you, too, Frank). And glad that your health is going the right direction. No oxy during the day is good news. Keep up the good work. And come back to our little corner of the country again so we can show you what you missed on that last trip.

Wendy
Cortez

Barb,

You looked pretty good when we last saw you and how great that you no longer have to carry your oxygen around!  I could see where that was a real PITA!  ;)  Keep up the healthy approach and the walking.  Frank is a good guy, isn't he.  A number of us here are lucky to have great husbands during crisis times....

ArdraF

Way to go, Barb!  That's great news. 

I agree with Ardra.  A wonderful husband is a true treasure when one  faces a medical crises. ( Ask me how I know.  :D)  Keep up the good work, both of you.

Great news Barb, you're one up on me. I still have to take Coumadin and wear the stockings. :-\

WOW, Barb!!!! That is  GREAT news. You have been doing a good job. We are happy for you and Frank.

Thank's everyone. Your right, that tank was a big PITA.  The first thing I did coming from the Doc's office, was to turn a complete circle, and yell YeeeeeeeeeePeeeeeeee. You shoulda of seen the look on Frank's face.  Next thing was to reduce the volume on the TV. Cause it doesn't have to compete with the oxygen concentrator anymore. I bet the neighbors were happy........

Taking one day at a time, and appreciating every moment.
Barb

Congratulations Barb.  Glad you are headed in the right direction.  Hope to see the two of you at another rally soon.

Ron and Shirley Marabito

Great news Barb, getting away from that oxy during the day was a big step on your road to recovery. Very glad to hear of your progress.

And bouquets to Frank for his help and support.  ;D

Barb said:
Thanks guys. I'm glad I developed a indoor walking routine.  As with all the rain we've had, it's impossible to take a walk through the campground.

Barb

Barb, I have a quick story.  When my mom was younger she loved to walk.  She lived in Northern Indiana and the local mall would allow "walkers" to come into the mall starting at 7am.  So, off she'd go...every day.  Her routine was to walk the entire mall area 5 times around.  I was visiting one year and went walking with her.  After about 3 times around she looked at me, said she had lost count (her Alzheimer's was beginning) and had we gone around 5 times already.  I was bushed, but she was ready to keep going.  So, I crossed my fingers behind my back, as in telling a little white lie, and said I had lost count too, but was pretty sure it was 5.  She smiled and we went out to breakfast.....

Keep up the good work, I mean walking!  :D

Marsha~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom