TV Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wade

:)

How do I go about removing the front TV above the dash in a 2001 Journey DL motor home? Under the TV is a plastic case inclosing the entire TV base and what looks to be plastic caps covering the fasteners holding the case. I have tried to pry and screw off the plastic caps with no success. I do not want to use too much pry pressure for fear of damaging the caps. I have looked in the electrical diagram manual, owner?s manual and did a search in the forum for hints with no success. Any suggestions on how to remove the TV will greatly be appreciated. Thank you. Wade

Usually those plastic caps are just that, plastic caps covering screw heads.  Try sliding a knife edge or very small screw driver under one to see if you get any movement.  I wouldn't try prying one off with a claw hammer until I was sure exactly what they are.

I have a 2003 Horizon. There were fasteners located in the overhead cabinets on each side of the TV. I believe this was discussed before, you might run a search.

On my year there was an outter plastic ring and an inner plastic cap.  The inner cap pops off with a sharp knife or jewlerers flat blade screwdriver.  Do yourself a favor, cover your window defroster vents with a towel first!  If you drop one it's garanteed to find the vent.....

Then there were two screws on each side of the TV frame inside the cabinets on either side of the TV.  I also have a sun visor under the TV which is screwed into the bottom TV brace. Beware when you remove the side screws, the TV frame may drop!

Sarge

Back
Top Bottom