Can I plug my RV into house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leslie333

Hey y'all,

We are going on our first trip in our 2008 23' Conquest and I want to turn on the refrigerator to cool it down.  Can I plug the RV 30A into our 20A house directly (without an adapter)? 

Thanks!

Short answer NO!  You can get a very inexpensive adapter at any RV store.  Maybe even Lowe's.

You will need an adapter that reduces to a 15-20 plug.  Walmart has them or CW.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/heavy-duty-10-3-stw-power-adapters/4134

Doesn't your refer run on propane also? If it does there is no need to plug it in to cool it down, just turn it on.

I leave mine plugged in all the time it's home and I leave the refrigerator on all the time too
like said before you will need and adapter 30amp to a 20amp
just don't turn your roof AC on or it will trip your house circuit breaker everytime
I even have a radiator type heater in there in the winter to keep the temp at least above freezing.
with no problem . like I said just don't turn the AC or Heatpump on or it will blow the house circuit breaker.
they use a lot of power.  :)

You can also have an electrician install a 30 amp outlet where you park your RV....then you can just leave it plugged in all the time.  Our house already had one when we moved in, as the previous owners had an RV.  We love it.

Frizlefrak said:
You can also have an electrician install a 30 amp outlet where you park your RV....then you can just leave it plugged in all the time.  Our house already had one when we moved in, as the previous owners had an RV.  We love it.

A person should tell the electrician to install a recreational vehicle 30 amp plug.  The ordinary household 30 amp is different.   As long as you are doing it, ask him to install a switch on the outlet.   Every time you plug in an RV it is under load and you can get some arcing damage on the plug electrodes.  Better to plug it into a circuit that is switched off and switch it on after plugging in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom