Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: 1998 Adventurer light switches  (Read 5481 times)

shajoe44

• ---
1998 Adventurer light switches
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »
I just purchased a 1998 Adventurer. I can not seem to find what some of the wall switches operate. I flip them and nothing happens. The bulbs are all working in my light fixtures. I can not find anything in the manuals either as to what some of them go to. Is there a way to get a diagram of which switch operates what?

Thanks

cbeierl

• ---
Re: 1998 Adventurer light switches
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
If you go here Wiring Diagrams you should be able to select 1998 and then your model number.  I would take a look at the 'Body, Wiring Installation' diagram first.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

MPG8.8

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »
If you tell me what switches you are talking about maybe I can help.  I have had my 98 Adventurer for a while.

shajoe44

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
If you tell me what switches you are talking about maybe I can help.  I have had my 98 Adventurer for a while.

OK here we go.........

Bedroom   Left does the ceiling..........right.....unknown

Bath         Two switches next to shower......right goes to shower light...........left.......unknown

Single switch on left next to handrail as you enter.........unknown

Thanks

carson

• ---
  • memories of yore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 04:27:45 PM »
My guesses:  Bedroom...right.. don't know

Bath... left...could be for water pump

handrail.. probably one of the interior ceiling lights, if that lamp is enabled at the lamp.  or porchlight,   or step control.

carson
Carson, 
 West Central Florida
Ex RV'er. (1995 Winnebago Adventurer)
2007 Buick Rendezvous, SUV / CROSSOVER

...Logic works like a charm...

cbeierl

• ---
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
OK here we go.........

Bath         Two switches next to shower......right goes to shower light...........left.......unknown

Thanks

I'm not sure which model you have, but looking at the wiring diagram for the G35WP it looks like the right-hand switch in the Bedroom is probably for the 'Courtesy Lamps' which are several small footlights down near the floor.  The single switch next to the handrail may be another switch for the same footlights.  In the bath I would guess that the shower ceiling lamp switch and the bathroom ceiling lamp switch would be next to each other.  If you can tell us which model Adventurer you have we can ensure that we're looking at the correct wiring diagram.
Chris Beierl

shajoe44

• ---
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
I'm not sure which model you have, but looking at the wiring diagram for the G35WP it looks like the right-hand switch in the Bedroom is probably for the 'Courtesy Lamps' which are several small footlights down near the floor.  The single switch next to the handrail may be another switch for the same footlights.  In the bath I would guess that the shower ceiling lamp switch and the bathroom ceiling lamp switch would be next to each other.  If you can tell us which model Adventurer you have we can ensure that we're looking at the correct wiring diagram.

Thats the correct model, thanks for all the help. Its nice to have people you can go to with little problems.

cbeierl

• ---
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
For the G35WP take a look at pages 18, 19 & 20 in this Body, Wiring Installation diagram.  You should be able to see where the switches are and what they control from there.
Chris Beierl

TVEDE6

• ---
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »
Chris---!

Thanks a bunch for the link.

In '97 bought a new Brave. Immediately contacted Winnebago and they quickly provided house wiring diagrams, which have been very useful (included: speakers and coax). However, at the time that was about all they offered.

Winnebago to Ford was a major mystery, that has continued for all these years!

Just finished a printed out-- first two pages have indicated these may finally be resolved.

Tweedy

cbeierl

• ---
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »
If you haven't found it already, here's a link to all of the Winnebago Manuals & Diagrams
Chris Beierl

MPG8.8

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:15:42 PM »
OK here we go.........

Thanks

Bedroom right switch is for the night lights that light your way to the potty at night.

The one in the bath is for the water pump.

Not sure about the one when you enter.  My are ceiling light, outside light at door and the steps.