Sofa Bed Styles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

06AllegroBus40QSP

Hi everyone, nubee here to forum, I need some help in my latest order. I just ordered a 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QSP diesel pusher and I am confused on one item. The sofa beds. THe order spec sheet has either a DE sofa Sleeper, a Hide-A-Bed, or a Magic bed, all t 3 are offered in either cloth or leather, so it is randomly listed all over the place and confusing as heck.

My question is, what in the heck are the differences between the 3 sofa's?? I only know of 2 kinds, one that drops the baackrest flat to a bed, and one that you remove the bottom cushions and pull a bed out like in a home sofa, and I still dont know the exact terms of these two that I described let alone the third.

Could someone please help me out with this? The dealership is useless and is basically working as a coach donor (at my expense) for me because they have no knowledge of the product whatsoever. I had to do all the research myself thus far.
Thanks.

The third type is, I believe, what we just took out of our coach but I can't recall the correct name for it. When you press a button, the back folds down and a third section came out from underneath and came up to be level with the rest of the bed. The third piece was a little like the rollaway part of a day bed, but it's all done electrically. Our daughter and her husband are the only folks who slept on it and they declared it "uncomfortable, but OK for one night".

Magic Bed is a trademark of Flexsteel for one of their sofa bed models.  Take a look at www.vehiclespecialty.com/magic.html for a picture/description of a Magic Bed and links to descriptions of several other types of sofa beds.

Man! You are awesome. Thanks for the help, the magic was definately the one I hadn't seen. glad to clarify, as I was starting to confuse it with the hide-a-bed.
Thanks again!
Nick

01 Allegro 31DA
06 Allegro 40QSP incoming 10/05
Ripon, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back