Freightliner FRED(FRont Engine Diesel) chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fzust

Has anyone experienced anything good or bad about this chassis in a motorhome?  Any thoughts or comments?  The motorhome I want to buy has one of these and it seems like a pretty good setup for what I want.  Cummins 330HP 650Lb/Ft diesel.

If you are looking at the Allegro Diesel Fred made by Tiffin, Here is an entire thread on the merits of that motor home.    It's a very long thread, but you can get a drift of whether the owner was pleased or not with the coach.  We have several members who have it and they all seem to be happy.

I have an Allegro Bus and have been very satisfied with ours.

Now if there is another "Fred" out there besides Tiffin, then hopefully someone will jump in and provide some information.

Marsha~

Everybody who has a FRED loves it. Strong, great power and fuel economy.  I doubt if anybody would give up a pusher diesel to get one, but compared to gas chassis coaches it is super.

Greetings,

Reading your post on front engine diesel rigs by Tiffin, do you have any idea as to whether the earlier ones say around '90 or '91 where turbo cummins or non-turbo and did the non-turbo 6.9 L perform nicely in comparison to let's say a chevy 454? Just curious if you have any input on that?

Charles

There is another "front engine diesel' chassis available now - the Workhorse W20/W22/W24 with a Navistar MaxxForce 7 diesel. Monaco is building the Vesta on this chassis and it is also available as an option for the Monarch line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom