Drawers don't match (length)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddog348

Silly question that has plagued me since I got the Coach(2007 Itasca Sunova26P)

Bottom  large drawer (next to vanity) is several inches shorter than upper drawer - same heigth & width.  Have looked behind it  - no structure - no access panel - just AIR empty space. Any idea why they 'short changed' that bottom drawer.  All other lower drawer same as uppers.  Inquiring (bored) minds want to know. ::)

Thanks,  Kate

Attachments

• 448 (Small).JPG
    448 (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 48
It's a Winnebago thing I suppose - I have noticed that most of my drawers could be anywhere from two to maybe four inches longer.  I have toyed with the idea of making some new drawers and converting to full-extension slides.  I think on the 2006 Vectra/Horizon, Winnie went to full-extension drawers.

It's a Winnebago thing I suppose - I have noticed that most of my drawers could be anywhere from two to maybe four inches longer.

I've noticed the same thing in our coach so it isn't just a Winnebago thing.  I'm guessing it's in case you want to run wires in back of the drawers.  You wouldn't want the drawers rubbing against the wires so they leave room just in case you want to add wiring in the future.  Just a guess.

Hi Kate,

I don't think the short drawers are intended at all.  I rather believe that Winnie or what ever builder simply makes a bunch of similar drawer sizes, that then uses whatever is close to the opening.  I had some very short drawers in my kitchen cabinets.  This is how I handled the problem.  The DW loves them, and we have lots more room.

Sarge

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom