Winnebago Recall #112

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

I just got this today. Covers 2002, 2003, & 2004 Brave, Sunrise Also 2005, 2006, Voyage, Adventurer, Sunrise, & Suncruiser. The propane bracket welds need to be checked. (some folks get all excited when the propane tank gets loose & drags on the ground)
  I washed my tank & the bracket area & looked at it. The welds on the bracket itself are very good as they were probably done in controlled conditions on a bench. Where the bracket is welded to the Ford frame (mine is a Ford Cassie) the welds are not as good as the controlled welds but done on both sides with no missing areas. I am only qualified to sign off helicopter welds as I did in the USCG for years, I am sure this does not Qualify me to even look under a motor home. That means I will still have to go to the nearest dealer  to have whoever they can pay the least amount of money per hour look at it also. Don't get me wrong I am glad to know about this. As the local dealer in now out of business I will just go to the next State to have it done.
  As I mentioned before I am from Alabama so I can tie it up with duct tape & that will be OK till I get there. (We do things like that here) Just giving you all a heads up on this recall. If you notice any cracks in that area, or welds not complete, DON"T try the duck tape thing. Only allowed in Alabama! Art

Thanks for the update Art....I received my notice today....I'm not taking mine in until the Summer trips are over though.

John.....how about listing this Winnie Recall? ;)

I don't know the story of what happened to cause this recall. If I had a flat tire & it came apart badly I can see where it would contact & slap the propane tank. If it were not welded to well that would be the straw that broke the camels back. Us retired military types would have mounted the propane tank under the driver seat so it could double as an ejection seat in case the brakes failed going down the mountain. Art

Art,

That just goes to prove all that rarefied air you breathed has indeed altered your reality.  Us sea going types, breathing much richer air would have put the tank under the brake pedal... ;)

Any bracket recall on the WB Diesel Pushers?  Or is it limited to the gas chassis?

Best Regards!

Art In Mobile said:
Us retired military types would have mounted the propane tank under the driver seat so it could double as an ejection seat in case the brakes failed going down the mountain. Art

An interesting egress system  ;D  My preference is the door while we are not moving...

Old Snipe
My recall only has the above mentioned units on the list. It wouldn't hurt to look at the propane tank once in a while. Art

Art, I got a chuckle out of your duct tape approach to repairs.  I was born in Tuscumbia, Ala and proud of it.  My mother is one of 13 children and I'm the oldest of 35+ grandkids.  Most of the family still lives in Alabama.  We have a family reunion every summer.  Gawd only knows why it's in the summer when the humidity is 95% and it's 95 degrees outside, the chiggers are in full attach mode along with potent poison ivy; but they do and I love 'um all.

Marsha~

Art In Mobile said:
Old Snipe
My recall only has the above mentioned units on the list. It wouldn't hurt to look at the propane tank once in a while. Art

Thanks, Art.  I'll put the old eyeball on it.

Best Regards!

Marsha
There is a good old boy mentality down here & I sort of like it. They can fix anything down here with duct tape! They can take the heat also. I think if your family reunion were moved to April or May all would be happy. Art

Back
Top Bottom