135 degree valve extensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fcranger

Does anybody use those 135? Valve Extensions for the rear dual wheels?
are they safe to use? and has anybody had any problems with them. been thinking about getting them
to make putting air in the outer rear wheels easier.  ???

Used them on a previous rig with no problems. Probably even still have them in my spare parts bin if you are interested. I'm using 180 degree extenders on the rear wheels of this one.

I got some 135's and have had no problems either.  A previous air leak caused by a slight touch to the extender was simply that the extender was not threaded properly onto the valve stem.  Some of my valve stems are longer than others, and I had to get the 135 extenders to make filling the tire possible - even a dual head air chuck couldn't reach one of them, without me practicing all my skills at ebing a hand contortionist! 

Fcranger said:
Does anybody use those 135? Valve Extensions for the rear dual wheels?
are they safe to use? and has anybody had any problems with them. been thinking about getting them
to make putting air in the outer rear wheels easier.   ???

If you really want to make it a lot easier to check the tires often, see if you can do what I did. But it requires a total of ten extender hoses. Two in series on each valve in each of the rear wheels.  More than a 1,000 miles without losing a single psi so far.

-Don- SF, CA​

Attachments

• frontwheels.jpg
    frontwheels.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
  • rearwheels.jpg
    rearwheels.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 30
Wagonmaster2 said:
Same here with the 180 degree valve extenders on the rear outer dual.  Don't think 135 degree ones would do any good.

It all depends on the type/size of your valve stems, and the kind of wheel covers you have installed.  I originally went in to pick up a set of 180's, and the salesperson rightfully suggested I try some 135's also.  Turns out those were the ones that fit my wheels, and there was not enough clearance in any one place for the 180's.

I had set up the 180's and they looked good, but at the suggestion of Bernie, I let the air out, loosened the valve stem nut and turned the valve stem 90 degrees and it worked perfectly without any extensions.

Good solution, Wayne. However, I would have to dismount my tires to do that - there just isn't enough opening in the wheel to rotate the valve 180 degrees. I plan to have that done when I replace the rera tires next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom