Where to buy outdoor party lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephane

I want to buy some cool outdoor party lights for my camper.

I remember these classic owl lights from when I was a young kid and it made camping seem magic at night with the campfire and all.

Now we got a young daughter we're bringing on camping for the 1st time and we want something similar (ok maybe not the owls...). All the stores I found seem to carry the same 2 or 3 party light models.

Any suggestions where I can I find a better variety?

Thank you!

Stephane

Hey I just found a picture of these vintage lights :)

Attachments

• owls.jpg
    owls.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 18
Ebay has zillions of party lights. Even the vintage owls!

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=party+lights+owl&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=party+lights&_osacat=0

In Canada, we can still get them at Canadian Tire.  It's a cross between Walmart and HomeDepot, minus the clothing, pharmacy, grocery and lumber.

In Kim Mitchell's classic song, they were called "Patio Lanterns"

This year, they even have a solar version.
Solar Patio Lanterns

Myself, I am getting these:
Solar LED Balls

56kz2slow said:
In Canada, we can still get them at Canadian Tire.  It's a cross between Walmart and HomeDepot, minus the clothing, pharmacy, grocery and lumber.

In Kim Mitchell's classic song, they were called "Patio Lanterns"

This year, they even have a solar version.
Solar Patio Lanterns

Myself, I am getting these:
Solar LED Balls

Yes I went to Canadian Tire yesterday and they had the first set you mentioned but I am looking for an electric set, not solar lights.

I saw them last year at Canadian Tire, but you are right, not there this year.

Do you have a Home Hardware in your area?  They often still carry stuff others don't.

One web site I have found.. Which at least has the proper name.  Is WWW.CHEESYLIGHTS.COM

I"m not giving a recommendation here... Just liked the name, never done business with 'em

But they sure have the right name.

www.orientaltrading.com

Good selection and great prices!

If you get on their mailing list, they regularly have coupon codes on the catalogs. Right now - it's $10 off any $30+ order.

Have bought from them, and am quite satisfied.

Another vote for eBay - that's where I got mine.  You will see a lot of the same listings from bulk sellers, but keep browsing and there will be unique sets that pop up here and there from individual sellers.  The ones I got have a cool little bamboo/island lantern kind of design, and I think I picked them up for under $20.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom