Change of Command Ceremony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom and Margi said:
Congratulations to the Commander and his parents.  I know you've been understandably pround of Jimmy for years, but this really takes the cake!  Did you happen to get a picture of Regina and the kids at the ceremony also?  I'll bet the little ones were really excited and very proud of Dad.

Tom and Margi

Hi Tom & Margi,

Thanks! Yes, we did get a picture and it's attached along with one of our daughter and her brother whom she idolizes. Our SIL actually took these photos. They came out better than mine. :)

Attachments

• 100_0437_1.JPG
    100_0437_1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_0440_1.JPG
    100_0440_1.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 22
Tom and Margi said:
Congratulations to the Commander and his parents.  I know you've been understandably pround of Jimmy for years, but this really takes the cake!  Did you happen to get a picture of Regina and the kids at the ceremony also?  I'll bet the little ones were really excited and very proud of Dad.

Tom and Margi

Hi Tom & Margi,

Thanks. Yes, we did get a photo of the family along with one of our daughter and her brother whom she idolizes. They are attached, I hope. :)

Attachments

• 100_0437_1.JPG
    100_0437_1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0440_1.JPG
    100_0440_1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 13
Jim Dick said:
Hi Tom & Margi,

Thanks. Yes, we did get a photo of the family along with one of our daughter and her brother whom she idolizes. They are attached, I hope. :)

Great phots Jim.  Thanks for posting them.  Again congratulations to all of you.

Thanks for the photos, Jim.  Time flies, doesn't it?  ;)  The oldest boy is almost as tall as Dad now.  Thanks for sharing them.

Margi

The new Skipper, his ship, and his family all look great.  Congratulations to all, including the proud parents.

rovinsteve said:
Congratulations Jim and Pat!  You must be very proud of such a fine son.

--Steve & Jodie Crouch

Hi Steve & Jodie,

Thanks. Yes, we're very proud as any parent would be of a child that has become successful in whatever walk of life they choose. :)

Tom and Margi said:
Thanks for the photos, Jim.  Time flies, doesn't it?  ;)  The oldest boy is almost as tall as Dad now.  Thanks for sharing them.

Margi

You're welcome. :) James is taller than me and I told him he must stop growing. He doesn't see it that way! :)

Ron from Big D said:
Great looking ship and son.  You should be proud.

Ron,

Thanks. I agree they are both great looking. :) I think proud is an understatement but that's just a parent's predjudicall feeling. ;D

Carl Lundquist said:
The new Skipper, his ship, and his family all look great.  Congratulations to all, including the proud parents.

Thanks, Carl. It certainly is a culmination of any parents desire for a child to succeed in this world. We have been blessed with two very wonderful children.

Congratulations Jim and Pat, I have been looking at the Ramage web page every couple of days and wondering when the big event would occur.......FINALLY !!!

John Spiller

johnandellen said:
Congratulations Jim and Pat, I have been looking at the Ramage web page every couple of days and wondering when the big event would occur.......FINALLY !!!

John Spiller

Hi John & Ellen,

Yes, finally!!! :) Keep an eye on the page. There should be some changes soon. As George Mullen pointed out, they have the wrong photo of him as it does not include the command pin. There are a couple of things I noticed which I mentioned to Jim. He said the web site would be changed a lot. :)

Hi Jim,Regardless of the lack of the pin he sure looks good in the photo on there now!!! A very" take charge" look. I browse a lot of the ships web sites and I have thought the Ramage has had one of the better ones......

You might wish to suggest to him that if he is out there just floating around somewhere and wondering where to go next(like us RVers)..He NOT bring the ship to the west coast around So Ca. at least. Diesel was at $3.40 a gal. yesterday. He would break the taxpayers and their piggybanks!!!!

Hi John & Ellen,

Thanks. :) Actually I think they took the picture with the command pin and then "erased" it so they would have both. They just picked the wrong one. I see it hasn't changed yet but I'm sure he's got a lot of other things on his mind at the moment. :) I believe they are going to sea in about a week. Should be interesting. I'll bet Desron 28 will be aboard!

He is a "take charge" kind of guy, unlike his father. :) I have been at sea with him and witnessed this trait. Really impressed me. Even caught it on video.

Fuel is as bad on the east coast. In CT it's running $3.599!! I have a half tank and hope it will go down significantly before we leave next month. I hate sitting this way but don't want to pay that price.

We have asked him to put Port Canaveral on his schedule but it doesn't look like it will happen this year. The only port scheduled is NYC.

Jim:  When will your son become CNO??

Our son is on a Coast Guard boat that is having real problems [as most of their boats are]  Trying to cruise on one engine, no fresh water and sewer line leaking in to the ship.  This cruise is a disaster.

fredethomas said:
Jim:  When will your son become CNO??

Our son is on a Coast Guard boat that is having real problems [as most of their boats are]  Trying to cruise on one engine, no fresh water and sewer line leaking in to the ship.  This cruise is a disaster.

I predict in about 15 years. ;D I did point out the CNO's office to him when we toured the Pentagon and told him I could see his name on the door. :)

Sorry to hear your son is on the cruise from hell. Sometimes that happens but shouldn't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom