08 Bounder price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aero RV

Newcomer here and have found lots of good info on this site.  What a terrific resource!!!  Thanks to all that have taken the time to share their experiences...unbelievably helpful!

Wondering about a price on a Bounder I am looking at.  Used 2008 Bounder Diesel Pusher 34H with 1,500 miles for $120K?  Does that sound like a fair price, or should it be less?

Thanks in advance.

If you are just starting the shopping process, NADA Guides are about to become your new best friend.  When checking prices there, do not add in any of the "options" listed (leave those checkboxes blank) and steer more toward the Low Retail price point for comparing asking prices you find.  That's where the market is at right now.

Will do...thank you.  I did look at NADA briefly but NADA research for some of my rare cars is a joke.  I didn't know how reliable the NADA guide was for RV's.  I guess that was the question I should have asked!  ;D

Thanks again.

Hi...yeah, the NADA book is about as close as you can get for used values for RV's.  Like the others said....use the LOW RETAIL value....and DON'T ADD any "options" to the total.  ;)

Turns out, this is a factory repo unit from a dealer that went out of business???  With only 1,500 miles, should there be any concerns?  Would this still be in the same "low retail" price range, or even less?

Well, an 08 is an 08 and its now 09, so the coach is a year old regardless of where it spent the year. At the moment it may have a new coach warranty, but with Fleetwood in Chapter 11 there is no way of knowing whether that will be good for a year or not. Odds are there will be a new owner of Fleetwoods motorhome business in the near future and they may or may not honor previous warranties.

I would not want to pay more than NADA Low Retail, but only you can decide what its worth to you. $120k is not too far off Low Retail, so it should not take a lot of negotiating to get there, especially if there is no trade.

Gary has provided an excellent response to which I agree completely.  Wouldn't consider paying anymore for this 08 Bounder than I would one that has been owned and operated by a owner that made a purchase. 

Very good point about the warranty risk Gary.  I didn't really think much about it.  Let me take this a step further.

My budget is 100-125K and the 08 34' DP Bounder was in that range.  However, with a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 small children), I was also looking into a Bounder DP 38F or a used 2007 Discovery but I was a little intimidated by their size for navigational reasons.  I have driven a 40' long truck/trailer combo, but as we all know, the RV's don't bend in the middle so well.  ;D  I don't know how much the extra 5' makes a difference navigation wise, but man they look BIG!!!  I really like look and features of the Discovery model though...seems like a nice unit and good bang for the buck when buying used.

I'm open to other brand/models as well.  Our friends own Fleetwood products so that is where I started.

Thanks for your input Gary, Ron, and others.

Nothing wrong with the Bounder but the Discovery is a much nicer coach all around.  You should be able to find a lot of coaches in that price range, including high line ones if you go back to 2003-2004. That's not old or decrepit for a high line diesel coach. I would also be looking at Holiday  Ambassadors, Monaco Knights & Cayman and there are no doubt others in that price class for an 07-08 model.

Driving a 40 foot coach is not hard at all. Bending in the middle is not really an advantage - the back end still cuts the corner in a turn.

How about Tiffin Allegro RED?  Really like the bunks for the kids.  How would they rate against a Bounder or Discovery?  Maybe Allegro like the Bounder, Discovery similar to the Phaeton?

Thanks guys.

I looked over an Allegro "RED" a couple weeks ago and it looked like a excellent package.  For one thing, you get Tiffin's top nothch factory care, which is far better than what Bounder and Discovery owners can expect. For another, Tiffin is not in bankruptcy and so ought to be around if  you need them. I would give it serious consideration.

Thanks Gary.  Found a lightly used Allegro RED and a used 08 Phaeton that sure caught my eye.  :eek:  Is Tiffin listed under a different name in NADA???  Can't find their name here:

http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.aspx?LI=1-25-15-5654-502-579-50251&l=1&w=25&p=0&f=5602

Am I blind?

Thanks - Brian

The Tiffin coaches are listed under their primary brand name, i.e. Allegro. Even the Phaeton is under "Allegro". [Way to go, NADA!]

Where did you find a used Allegro RED? They just came out a couple months ago. If it is used, it must have just gone to an RV show and got traded for something fancier.

FWIW, we have an '03 Allegro Bus 35' diesel pusher.  Every time we have a question, we call Tiffin and the service department calls us back within a few hours.  The lastest issue was that  something was making a lot of noise at the front of the coach.  We didn't knnow what it was.  My husband took pictures, emailed them to Tiffin and 2 service guys called us back.  They are shipping the parts to us while we are on the road.  We have been EXTREMELY happy with the support we get from Tiffin.

Marsha~

My mistake Gary, it was a FRED, not a RED.

Thanks for the testimonial on Tiffin Marsha.  I've heard great things about their customer service from others as well.

Just so you know, the FRED chassis is essentially a gas chassis with a diesel engine.  IOW, no air brakes or air suspension.  The Allegro with the bunks is a great floorplan for kids.  Their own TV's in the bunks, a nice layout.  The list price is very reasonable, and you should do pretty well on the discount. 

Back
Top Bottom