08 Bounder price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Bill...I'll consider that as we do have 3 children.  Bunkers would be nice...not too many offer them in a diesel.

Last weekend I saw an Allegro "RED" with two bunks in the floorplan. That's in addition to the master bedroom. Its the 38QBA floor plan

http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/allegroRED/floorPlans.php

not sure where you are located but we were considering a new 2007 bounder 38n that is located close to Chicago I beleive.  If I recall that coach is around $110,000 & is new!  It's setup to sleep 8 people (not 8 adults) & we decided to go with a bounder 38p gas instead.  The 38p was closer & we liked the floorplan better..... plus it was 40 miles away vs 7 hours :)  We do not plan on putting enough miles on the coach each year to warrant a diesel

alsmotorhomes.com is where it's located..... under specials... shoot them a email for price

We are full timers and we spend 90% of our time in the unit and 10% of the time driving it, so we got the biggest unit we could possibly fit into National Park campgrounds (39'). Yes it is big, but after a few months it is just like driving a car (almost). The length doesn't bother me at all. If I were going to spend 10% of my time inside and 90% driving I might have come to a different conclusion.

seilerbird said:
If I were going to spend 10% of my time inside and 90% driving I might have come to a different conclusion.

Tom,

With those percentages, you would have to be driving all the time and spend the remainder of the time in a gas station filling her with gasoline.  :D I think that would make anybody come to a different conclusion or put them into bankruptcy.  ???

2KViggen said:
not sure where you are located but we were considering a new 2007 bounder 38n that is located close to Chicago I beleive.   If I recall that coach is around $110,000 & is new!  It's setup to sleep 8 people (not 8 adults) & we decided to go with a bounder 38p gas instead.  The 38p was closer & we liked the floorplan better..... plus it was 40 miles away vs 7 hours :)   We do not plan on putting enough miles on the coach each year to warrant a diesel

alsmotorhomes.com is where it's located..... under specials... shoot them a email for price

Thanks for the info...looked at the 38n there.  I know it says that it sleeps 8 but I don't think the love seat converts to a couch???  I looked at a 38V today which has a similar layout but the love seat is fixed.  I thought the only Bounder that sleeps 8 is the 38P (Gas) and the 38S (Diesel).

RV Roamer said:
Last weekend I saw an Allegro "RED" with two bunks in the floorplan. That's in addition to the master bedroom. Its the 38QBA floor plan

http://www.tiffinmotorhomes.com/allegroRED/floorPlans.php

Yes, that is really nice.  It's too bad they are new this year as they are a little out of our price range.  Price offered was ~$156K and we are in the 100-120K budget range.  :'(

Aero RV said:
Thanks for the info...looked at the 38n there.  I know it says that it sleeps 8 but I don't think the love seat converts to a couch???  I looked at a 38V today which has a similar layout but the love seat is fixed.  I thought the only Bounder that sleeps 8 is the 38P (Gas) and the 38S (Diesel).

I think you are right on that.... which is another one of the reasons we went the gas route.  We thought the love seat is smaller then what we got in the 38p & since we were not planning on putting 10K+ miles on the coach, gas is what we did. 

I think it was Media Center RV in PA that has a 05 or 06 Discovery for $90K that might sleep 8.  Then again maybe it was sleeps 6 due to the dinette not folding down....

We considered the Fleetwood Crescendo (sp), Providence 39S, Newmar Vantana (nicest of the bunch & also the farthest out of our pricerange :)

2KViggen said:
I think you are right on that.... which is another one of the reasons we went the gas route.  We thought the love seat is smaller then what we got in the 38p & since we were not planning on putting 10K+ miles on the coach, gas is what we did. 

I think it was Media Center RV in PA that has a 05 or 06 Discovery for $90K that might sleep 8.  Then again maybe it was sleeps 6 due to the dinette not folding down....

We considered the Fleetwood Crescendo (sp), Providence 39S, Newmar Vantana (nicest of the bunch & also the farthest out of our pricerange :)

Sounds like you made the right choice going with the 38P.  The layout is perfect, it's new, and the price is right!!!  I love that "U" shape dinette too.

The Discovery's at Media Camping look like decent rigs for the $$$.  I think I saw both have around 30K miles or so.  On a diesel, from a mechanical standpoint,  mileage is mostly irrelevant.  Although, one thing I always struggle with is that it was lived in for those 30K miles and it could have been a full timer.  When I think about it that way, the "new" 38P gasser always sounds attractive rather than getting a used diesel rig.  I like those Newmar Ventana's too.  Looks like you may be able to get a 2006 for around 100K...but again, how "used" is the inside?  Difficult to look it over when it's hundreds of miles away too.  Maybe I'm being too finicky...struggling...  ???

Yea.... hard to say how the coach was or wasn't cared for.  The providence 39s I drove had if I recall under 30K miles but smelled like mold/musty & was just beaten up.  They wanted $109 for that & I think General RV had the same coach with similar miles for $90K.  The Discovery really seems to be a steal however like you stated it's a long way to go to have the chance of a neglected vehicle, like the prividence 39s I drove.

Not sure if we made the right choice yet.... we are stressing over if the coach will be put back together in time for us to go on a trip west.  Someone broke into it & stole the TV by the kitchen & completely tore up the wood around it.  Fleetwood is suppose to rush having the wood made however they just told me a few minutes ago 2ish weeks.... we were hopeing to have it so we can use it next week.  So frustrating.......  ::)

2KViggen said:
Yea.... hard to say how the coach was or wasn't cared for.  The providence 39s I drove had if I recall under 30K miles but smelled like mold/musty & was just beaten up.  They wanted $109 for that & I think General RV had the same coach with similar miles for $90K.  The Discovery really seems to be a steal however like you stated it's a long way to go to have the chance of a neglected vehicle, like the prividence 39s I drove.

Not sure if we made the right choice yet.... we are stressing over if the coach will be put back together in time for us to go on a trip west.  Someone broke into it & stole the TV by the kitchen & completely tore up the wood around it.  Fleetwood is suppose to rush having the wood made however they just told me a few minutes ago 2ish weeks.... we were hopeing to have it so we can use it next week.  So frustrating.......  ::)

We visited General RV and looked at a Bounder 38V...same thing, no TV's and the privacy blinds were torn.  Told me they got the unit from a dealer that went out of business where the theft took place.  Best of luck getting that fixed before the trip!

Back
Top Bottom