RV FORUM HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP RALLY II May 1, 2010 ? May 13, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Randy:

You are certainly welcome to join us for all festivities that are occurring.

As far as I know there are still sites available, please contact the appropriate campgrounds for reservations. Phone numbers are on the first page of this post.

You are on the list Ron.

That is 20 coaches so far and a couple of others that have indicted they are coming.

We are going to have a great rally!

Randy Sherow-your plan will work...but you miss out on unplanned sitting around chatting sessions.

It's with regret that I have removed the Dicks from the HSJ attendees but we have not lowered our totals as Art and Jo Savoy have joined us. 

The Savoys are friends who were fellow Mexico travelers from our trip three years ago who we continue to meet around the country.

You asked for a last name....We are Susan Johnson (SaltyAdventurer) and Don Johnson (Oldedit).  I have a couple of questions ...1) do we need to stop somewhere along the way and fill our tanks, or will we be able to fill the tanks after we arrive at Zion River Campground?  2) Does everybody b ring along enough food to be able to do cookouts/happy hours every night? Or do some people go to restaurants that might be nearby?  3)  Anybody know where the last town with a decent supermarket is before we get to Zion River Campground? We'd like to stop and get a few fresh foods before arriving.    Anything else we need to know about doing before we arrive at Zion?

Susan,

Zion River is full hookups, no need to worry about water.
There is a grocery store in La Verkin on Rt 9 right at the intersection where Rt 9 makes a right turn to head west. I believe its call Farmer Market. Its only 7 or 8 miles from the CG. I sure there is a bigger store in Hurricane - also on Rt 9.

ken

Hi Susan,

I usually bring something to share at a happy hour but not everyone needs to bring something every night.  I find if we eat too much at a social hour dinner is "spoiled."  There are many restaurants in Zion so  groups get together to go to dinner, or stay in.  At one of the early "Social Hours" we will likely plan a rough outline of  what we want to do over the course of the rally.  Some years we have had pot luck dinners.  Some years we have had breakfast in a bag, some years we go out as a big group at least one night.  It will vary with the  whim of the group but we do all get input at a gathering early on.  The markets are limited but here are some groceries  at each spot we stop.  So you could conceiveably shop on the road but if you have a special brand you  really like, it would be best to  bring it. 

We ( Betty and Terry )  like to go out to dinner but not in big groups.  It is hard for us to hear conversations with groups of  more than  6 so we usually make a  small group get together after happy hour or we eat in.  Options options........ it is wonderful.  Look forward to meeting you.

Betty 

Betty, I'm so glad to hear what you say about hearing in small groups, I have the same problem.  If it's a large group around a long table in a noisy restaurant, I'm lost!!!  Count me in for small groups :)

Dale & Karen.

Oh dear. We are also deaf in groups. Both of us. And not so hot alone anymore either!
Maybe we should look for a restaurant with a hood over the table...

George & Lucy

Thanks for all the info, everyone. Sounds like a great time.  What time on May 1 does everyone plan to arrive at Zion River Campground?  Anybody else staying at Willowind RV Park the night before (April 30) in Hurricane?  I read a great article about Ivins and Kayenta in Sunset Magazine and wants to go there on our way to Zion River...  Kayenta is an art colony and there are some wonderful galleries there.

Because I just bought the new Panasonic FZ35 Digital Camera I will bring my previous Panasonic FZ30 Digital Camera to the Hop, Skip & Jump rally to sell it.  If you want to see the details, price, and pictures before the rally please go here.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31039.0

We just couldn't stand to miss out on all the Framily good times!

Mary Ann and I have made reservations at Thousand Lakes arriving Sunday 5/9, departing Thursday 5/13, bound for we know not where at this point!

Look forward to seeing all of you!

Don and Mary Ann

gmsboss1 said:
We just couldn't stand to miss out on all the Framily good times!

Mary Ann and I have made reservations at Thousand Lakes arriving Sunday 5/9, departing Thursday 5/13, bound for we know not where at this point!
Don and Mary Ann

Great great news,  We will save a few hikes for you and we will all bring extra keys!  I want to climb Chimney rock.

Betty

This is an excerpt from an email from a friend of mine.  She was a ranger in Yellowstone last summer.  Makes us all wonder if we were ever that young.

day one... angels landing, observation point, hidden canyon (some of my favorite views along this trail), emerald pools with billy.  day two... west rim trail (a lot of trail breaking and trail finding.  Enough snow for skiing on top) Probably enough snow that I should have turned around, but I really wanted to get on top and once there I wanted to explore more of the scene.  River walk trail with billy.  day three... east rim trail to cable mountain (something of a vertigo feeling from the top.  Straight down into the canyon.  Not a single person on the trail the entire trip [aside from zack who did the first few hours with me]. Spent an hourish on top taking in the view).  Carl Rumsey and Melissa showed up.  Met their dog.  Had dinner.  Laughed over a campfire.  Day four... emerald pools/riverwalk with carl, melissa, and zack.  Lunch with billy and Trina Smith (used to be location at mammoth).  then zack and I hiked up the coal pits wash.  ... Day 5... subway with zack.  No we didn't eat.  We hiked up a wash into a canyon that narrowed into a hollowed out area known as the subway.  did I already say incredible.  Huge waterfall (small ones along the trail getting there).  Cool rock layerings and formations.  amazing pools of water with varying colors.  Slickrock, hanging gardens, lizards, frogs of multiple varieties, dinosaur tracks, reds, whites, yellows, browns, greens, a rope to climb up, wading through streams and pools (cool power ranger boots we rented made this possible), a few sketchy moments for virgia (thanks for the help in crossing above that waterfall, zack... you're awesome!!)  And we ended it all with two huge scoops of ice cream.  Wow!!!!!!!!!  I love this park.

Notice Day one? 

I'm still in the market for small memory cards, sticks, flash cards or thumb drives. My sewing machine does best with the small ones, 128 MB up to 1GB and the small ones are increasingly harder to find as these things approach 1TB!!

I'll be at Capitol Reef is anybody has any of these to unload.

Thanks,

Lucy

Lucy,

We'll bring one for you.  Remind Jerry when you see him.  He just put it in his box to take.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom