RV FORUM HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP RALLY II May 1, 2010 ? May 13, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ardra:

Remember to tell Jerry if he does Angel's Landing he goes alone!

Jeff said:
tell Jerry if he does Angel's Landing he goes alone!

You never know, he's pretty persuasive and he might get one or more of the newbies to tag along  :D

Wendy

Jeff,

Angels landing TWICE is enough for me.  We'll have to find another hike!

JerryF

We just wanted to let everyone know we have made reservations for the rally. We'll be headed that way sometime in April. Looking forward to seeing many of our old friends and meeting new ones.

Jim, it's about time we got you back in the fold.  ;)

ArdraF

JIm, if you're coming through Abq, let's do plan a get together. I do have 30 & 50 amp service available. I don't think I'll have a coach by then. . . ::)

We thought we might make it, but we have son's wedding end of April in Gatlinburg.  Be tough, to get all the way southwest in less than a week.  (we could do it!), but likely just head west to Utah.

Have a ball, HOP was the beginning of a stellar season for us.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the invite. Haven't figured out a route yet but will let you know if we come your way. If not on the way out, perhaps on the way back in the fall.

Jim

Betty & I would be interested in doing the Wave if it fits in our schedule.... Let me know when you plan to do it.

Terry,

Would love to have you come along. Haven't planned it yet but thought it might be after the H,S,J. We need to try for passes. If that doesn't work we can enter the lottery each day. It's a tough place to visit since they only issue 10 passes/day!

Jim,

There are a total of 20 people allowed per day for the Wave (North Coyote Buttes "The Wave").

10 slots are done by lottery. January is the month to sign-up for the May lottery slots.

The other 10 slots are issued the day before to "walk-ins"
Again more people will apply for Walk-ins than available slots, so the have a drawing.

At this point the lottery has between 30 and 95 people already signed up for each day in May.
Early sign=up do not have any advantage. You have until the end of January to sign up for the May Lottery slots.

South Coyote Buttes is available for sign-up by day on the Web-site. They call this calendar sgn up. May daye should be available in February.

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/arolrsmain/paria/coyote_buttes/permits.html

See you soon. Glad your able to come west again!

ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the additional information. I thought it was a total of 10 slots/day. With 20 slots it can get crowded in the approximately 3 acres of the Wave. ;D

Looking forward to seeing you and Sheila in May!!

Hi Ken,

Thanks. :) I figure if we don't get in for April there's always October after we are through working. Lots of other things to photograph in the area.

I need to find out more about the wave.

Jim, will you be heading back to FL at the end of season, or do an AZ winter?

Bill,

I'd love to do an AZ winter but we have some commitments here that will require our presence. Just got elected as the USN/USCG Liaison for our Navy League Council and I'd hate to be neglectful, especially since the last Liaison couldn't fullfill the duties.

We may stick around a month or so before heading east again.

PancakeBill said:
I need to find out more about the wave.

If you want to know more about the Wave, download this slide show and watch it. 

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1781

Now for an update. It looks like Laurie and I will be able to make our schedule work so we can join this group for the HS&J rally. I will try to make the reservations tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom