RV FORUM HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP RALLY II May 1, 2010 ? May 13, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We also plan on helping support the Oregon tire stores by buying new tires while we're at the FMCA Rally in Redmond in August. Maybe we can have a special New Tire Party.

Wendy

Careful....  I always walk the parking lot looking for new tires on RV's, then find them on the sales lot.  Easy pickins.    ;D

Bill, no picking on me!
1999 I bought new tires for the Imperial then drove with the Dick's to the FMCA rally in Ames Iowa and promptly ordered a new Monaco Windsor. When the Windsor was due for its second set of tires (first set changed by Monaco at 3 1/2 years - N/C) I sold it first. I may be a slow learner, but I did learn.

ken

You mean we should trade in the Winnebago at the FMCA Rally instead of buying new tires? :)

Wendy

You are safe, you have at least two more years on those tires.  The Dicks however will be right behind us in a couple weeks.  I'll be checking sidewalls.

Note to others:  If you go to Yosemite and use state hiway 120 be aware of the snow marker poles that are very close to the right edge of the hiway.  I hit one with the passenger side mirror and blammey, the mirror was gone.  Fortunately, it was "only" the glass and a few plastic parts... $150 with 2 day shipping to the next RV park.  Now it is fixed again.  Yosemite is worthwhile seeing if you can tolerate the gestapo rangers and the crowds, even on the more aerobic trails.  The roads are very narrow though.  Then there is Hetch Hetchy...

Now we are in Rio Vista admiring the Calif Delta.

thx, g and c

Wendy,

No, the deal is spend the money on the tires, then trade it in - you'll get about 10 cent on the dollar in trade for the new tires.

Of course the smart money says buy tires and keep the rig. (But then Rv'ers just aren't very good at "smart money" - even us accountants BG)

ken

Accounting principles definitely do not apply to RVs....if they did, there would be no reason to own one :)

So, I guess we'll get new tires in Oregon then trade in the motorhome at the Indio rally :) And maybe try to figure out a way to apply the loss on our next tax return :)

Wendy

Ken & Sheila said:
Bill, no picking on me!
1999 I bought new tires for the Imperial then drove with the Dick's to the FMCA rally in Ames Iowa and promptly ordered a new Monaco Windsor. When the Windsor was due for its second set of tires (first set changed by Monaco at 3 1/2 years - N/C) I sold it first. I may be a slow learner, but I did learn.

ken

And a great trip that was minus the route around Chicago and the heat!!:)

PancakeBill said:
You are safe, you have at least two more years on those tires.  The Dicks however will be right behind us in a couple weeks.  I'll be checking sidewalls.

Bill,

I'll be checking your tires when we arrive. :)

For those who froze their ho-ho's off in Torrey a month ago, you'll be glad to know that we're at 1000 Lakes and it was over 100 today. Of course, that was 10 degees cooler than Bullfrog...ugh !

Wendy

Chet made it to Yellowstone, have him in a site that Jim and Pat Dick will be squeezing into for the summer.  Went out and shot some waterfalls and geysers tonight.  We hadn't seen Chet and Laurie (sp?) since our first rally with the forum in 1997.  We have gone through 4 truck campers and a motorhome, they found what they liked back then.  Real nice to see them again. Tomorrow showing them around Mammoth and the northern loop, hope to see some wildlife.

Guess the Hop skip and jump has a leap step as well.

Bill,

Hoping to leave tomorrow for Yellowstone. If the site is that tight I might have to bring a chain saw!! :D :D

That would be handy, but only solar powered chainsaws are allowed.  I have a finger operaated chain saw among my seldom used tools.  I don't think we need the entore tree cut down, buth the bottom 10'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom