RV FORUM HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP RALLY II May 1, 2010 ? May 13, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our name is missing from Capitol Reef. She didn't give me the confirmation number, said I didn't really need it so I will call them if need be.

Akers, George & Lucy

Just checking the route and our route, seeing if we can be close enough to veer.  My original route is 80 west, but if we did 70, it may be possible to catch Capitol Reef.  We will be in Gatlinburg, TN on the 24th, leave there either the 25th or 26th. 

We shall see!

lucyakers said:
Our name is missing from Capitol Reef. She didn't give me the confirmation number, said I didn't really need it so I will call them if need be.

Akers, George & Lucy

Lucy
I sent the campground an e mail telling them to add you to the list for me

Sheila

We're new to RVing and have a Roadtrek Class B...since we're just newbies and learning this game, we're going to the FMCA Albuquerque rally in March.  We live in the Denver area and are very interested in joining this Hop Skip Jump thing for the May trips to Bryce and Zion...can you tell me how many people are signed up at this point, roughly?  Are there spots left, does anybody know? 
Susan
[email protected]

Susan:

The list is above, 12 to 16 at the different parks. We hope you can join us.

Yee-hah!! Already reserved at 2 or the 3 locations, waiting for call back on #3. Can't wait to join all of you...it has been my dream for the 18 years we've lived in Colorado to spend time at Bryce and Zion and Capitol Reef parks...so I get to celebrate #65 birthday at Bryce with all of you, on May 6! What could possibly be better?!  What's great is that since our RV is tiny compared to most of yours (2006 Roadtek RS Adventurous), the RV parks can fit us into the one "small" spot that is usually alongside your reserved bloc of "big" spots, even tho the bloc reserved for y'all was already filled. Nice, huh?  Plan to join us for wine and hors d'oeuvres on the 6th to celebrate my b-day and RVing!
SaltyAdventurer (Susan)

Susan,
I see a birthday bash in order.  My hubby will turn 63 on 5/5 and Ardra has a birthday  on 5/7.  So we have  3 birthdays in a row to celebrate.  I still have a few birthday games up my sleeve. ( And leftover frosting!) Other birthdays during the rally?
We look forward to your joining us.

Betty

So my Susan is sitting next to me at the dining room table, happily making the reservations and inviting everyone to her birthday bash. She's been playing rv house all winter, and we're looking forward to our first trip, rally and meet & greet in Albuquerque next month.

Even the RV Park people who handle reservations are great!  I can tell we're getting into something that's going to be loads of fun...all reserved at all 3 RV Parks with y'all.  Does anybody bring their bikes along for a morning bike ride or some non-hiking exercise?  (We're road-bikers and trail-bikers, NOT mtn-bikers.)  I am a foodie, so I'm already figuring out how to make a birthday cake in the skillet or cast iron stewpot....I've read of fabulous pineapple upside down cakes in the cast iron pots! Get ready for goodies!

Salty,

People tend to do what they like doing in the way of exercise.  Some people carry their bikes.  My husband (JerryF) walks every morning and is often joined by others who also like to walk.  We always have group things too, depending on where we are.  For example, we go on hikes in the different parks.  We try to gear them to various levels of fitness so we get maximum participation.  We also try to start easy and gradually work up in exertion level.  We do it for fun, so we don't go as fast as possible, but rather enjoy the views and chatting with friends.  When we're in Moab we often hike one day, go four wheeling the next, and then do another hike the next day.  It all depends on what the group wants to do.  If you like to bike, speak up and let it be known that you're going to do this at such-and-such a time and invite others to join you.  We don't pre-organize a lot but do what whim, the local terrain, and the weather allow.  ;)

ArdraF

Dave R said:
Jeff we will also be at Ruby's

Dave

OK Dave, thanks. I'll check with them to find out if there are any others they don't show as part of our group.

Susan (Salty Adventure) may I ask your last name? The reservation list they are providing us are for last names only.

Thanks

hi,
Mary and I are new to your group however we know some of you. We made reservations for all of the Hop, Skip,and Jump outing. looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bob & Mary Cathey
Happy Trails #1129

Jeff said:
Susan (Salty Adventure) may I ask your last name? The reservation list they are providing us are for last names only.

Thanks
Johnson

Anyone familiar with the road from Rt 70 down?  Looking at the maps I see lots of what looks like hairpin turns.  Rt 72 for the most part from Exit 89.  Then 24 89 and 50 back up to 15. 

Have to go find my mountain directory to see what the trip looks like.

Bill,

70 climbs over 2000 ft between I70 and Rt 24 in Loa, UT. Looks OK, but slow.

Going either way ( I assume to Torrey ??) take basically the other route you list.

Going south exit I 15 on 50 east to UT 265 (before you would reach 89). south on 265 to 24 (still north of I70) take to Torrey.

Nice easy route.

ken

iI need to be clearer.  Coming from the east, on 70, what would be the best way to get to CG?  I think from exit 89 it would be on Rt 72 south.  Then from Torrey to get to 15 N, it would be 24 to 89 to 50 to 15.

Any knwn issues or grade avoidance?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom