Well Wishes to Fred Thomas 5-14-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Hello Forum Framily,
Today  just as the last participants of our HSJ Rally in Torrey, Utah were finalizing places to go  after the rally, Daisy insisted that Fred go to the local health Clinic in Bicknell, Utah as he kept feeling more and more poorly.    Recall Fred is recovering from major heart bypass surgery in January of  08.   Fred has been battling the right balance of medications and  wondered just how much the high elevations were affecting his  well being.  Well after the visit to the local clinic at Daisy's insistence,  physicians recommended he be transported to  Richfield,  Utah  Siever Hospital  for evaluation.

Daisy let Fred go via ambulance transport to Richfield while she returned to our campground to  gather up some personal  belongings to  spend the night in Richfiled Motel.  This group rallied to  make sure she  was taken care of.  Terry  Brewer  drove their motorhome  with car in tow and to  Richfield to a local KOA  which is only 1.7 miles from the hospital where Fred was taken.  He was able to set her up with  internet , TV and water, sewer and the whole nine yards.  Betty drove  Daisy to the  local Siever Hospital. 

The doctors  were responsive and  informed Daisy and Fred , that he was suffering  from congestive heart failure. Tests indicated his heart was in pretty good shape but he would need to be admitted to hospital for treatment to  relieve the fluid build up in his lungs.   He would be admitted to hospital  and  given  treatment.   They  said when he was discharged he likely  would have  oxygen requirement . Fred was willing to follow all Doctor orders.

Daisy  said she would keep us posted on Fred's condition.  Fred promised Terry that he was not really trying to get out of seeing Terry's photos of our trip! 

Betty

Daisy,

Please give our well wishes to Fred. Really regret that we could not say good bye this morning. I'm sure he will follow doctors orders and he couldn't be in better hands then yours.
Please keep us informed on Fred's condition and we wish both of you strength and that you be on the road shortly.

chris & mimi  

Daisy,

We too are sorry we were off on a hike when you left this morning.  Please tell Fred that Jerry and I really enjoyed spending the other day with him.  I just hope the 9,400 feet elevation didn't contribute to his problem, but realize it could.  We've all decided Terry and Betty get the Care Bear award for helping you both.  Our framily is wonderful!  Our very best wishes for a speedy recovery to Fred.

Take care and hugs to you both,
Ardra and Jerry too

Best wishes for a quick recovery Fred.

Now I have some very bad news for you... even in your current state exercise is good for you! I know I hated to read that also.

We sure wish Fred the very best for a speedy recovery, and we also hope that Daisy stays strong and healthy to take care of Fred after his release from hospital. You are both very special people to a lot of folks on this forum.

Best wishes from Dani and me. Hope for a quick recovery for Fred, and strength for Daisy. Hang in there!

Fred and Daisy, you both are in my prayers. Bev's asleep.

I've been battling congestive heart failure for 20 years and it's never ending --but Fred, we have more tools to make our lives more enjoyable and stay on the road or in the air.

Russ is right, we don't like those hard nosed chief's that keep us on our feet and lifting those weights. When we arrived back at 4800' after Houston it was readjustment time for both of us but Bev had to go on O2 24x7.

Jack and Liz Pearce arrived yesterday to be our Terry and Betty Brewer this week. Marsha and her ladies sent Bev a prayer quilt that arrived tonight.

Thank you framily, for the way you share your love and care so generously!

Fred, get well and we expect to see you and Daisy next winter on our way west.

Fred, we are sending positive and healing prayers your way. Daisy, we are sending strengthening hugs to you.

Take care,
Jack and Liz

Fred and Daisy:

You're both in our thoughts and prayers.  Tell Fred to be sure to listen to all those female voices who care for him.  :D 

You couldn't be in better hands than Brewer hands.  Bless you, Terry and Betty.

Margi and Tom

Fred and Daisy  --

You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Fred -- mind the docs, nurses and Daisy.

Daisy -- take care of yourself so you can take care of Fred.

Don and Mary Ann

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery Fred.  The doctors and Daisy will be your leaders on this one.  Take care and get well soon.

Tim and Jan

Fred & Daisy
Our best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Pay attention and do what they say.  Doc's out rank chiefs. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom