Well Wishes to Fred Thomas 5-14-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
High altitude can get ya. Rest up and do what the docs & Daisy tell you to do. And Daisy, you rest up too ! How wonderful to be with Framily just when you need them most.

Wendy

Daisy, Hugs and prayers to you both.
Fred, I know walking is boring but it is better than a treadmill and it doesnt matter how far. It only matter that you do it. Just a few minutes to start. then just a bit longer. It will get easier. I promise. Take care and get well.
Helaine and Wally

Hi All,

I got an email from Daisy this morning ( 5/16) with an update on Fred. He is feeling MUCH better but  is expected to remain hospitalized until at least Tuesday in  Richfiled  at the Seviers Hospital.  He is happy about his private room.  He requested his walking stick as  he is encouraged to walk the halls some.  His diuretics are working. Daisy reported he is sleeping  much of the time which is  a good thing.  Even though his  shower  was tiring  he felt  better . Nothing like a shower and clean clothes to perk you up!  He will likely be discharged with the need for  oxygen.
Fred and Daisy will await word from  doctors before making  future summer plans.  She is well set up at the KOA very nearby the  hospital. 

She thanked everyone for  their help and well wishes of support. She indicated she would send a report if things changed. 

Betty

Thanks for the report, Betty.  We are keeping Fred and Daisy in our thoughts and prayers.

Fred and Daisy, you are the RV Forum!  Take care of yourselves.

Terry and Betty thank you.

Joel & Camille

Framily,

Here is a portion of a message I got from Daisy this morning ( 5/18/09)

Fred is continuing to slowly improve.  His legs and one lung are clear
of fluid, but his left lung and stomach are still retaining some.
They are continuing the diuretic and today the Doctor said the heart
is in good shape.  The beating is mid-range of normal, and we are not
to be concerned with it.  Apparently the heart has not yet been
affected by the fluid, which is good.  At this point, they don't
expect any changes there.  However, they intend to keep Fred a while
longer until his lung clears up and his breathing improves.  It is
still labored, even on oxygen, because of one lung not getting the air
it needs.  This also decreases his stamina.

She went on to say they may just stay in that part of Utah for a month or so even when Fred gets out.  Not a bad place to spend a vacation.  I'll keep you posted.

Betty

Thanks, Betty, for the good news.  I know they love being in Utah, so hope the rest of their stay can be a little more enjoyable when Fred gets out of the hospital.

Margi

Betty -- Thanks for spreading the good news.

Fred --  Keep on getting better!

Daisy -- Thanks for letting us know what's going on.  Both Fred and you are in our prayers, so it's good to hear of progress.

Don and Mary Ann

Today 5-19-09 we had the  opportunity to visit Fred Thomas in the hospital and were  there when his Doctor came in with some news.

Fred looks good, his color is good and the lasix has cleared his legs and one lung.  A chest ex-ray today indicated a touch of pneumonia which is now being treated with antibiotics.  Fred is disappointed to have not gotten to go "home" today but is happy to receive all the TLC this hospital is providing.  Daisy is making  twice daily trips to visit him despite the  fact that Fred  sleeps during some of her visits.

Fred was cheered up by Terry's jokes and photo session.  The doctor did ask when the flash photos would stop.  Fred said the food is good and plentiful and his nurses are good looking!  Overall we felt he was in good hands and willing to follow Dr orders. ( and Daisy's recommendations too)

Terry and I took Daisy out to dinner so she could have some  company!  Keep your good thoughts coming, it is working.

Betty

Attachments

• IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 63
Betty Brewer said:
Today 5-19-09 we had the  opportunity to visit Fred Thomas in the hospital and were  there when his Doctor came in with some news.

Thanks, Betty,

Any word on how much longer Fred will be in the hospital?

PhilB

Good vibes continue to head their way. Glad you're back there to keep them company.

Wendy

Thanks, Betty.  I wish I were there to hug Daisy and badger Fred just a little.  Hang in there, Chief ... and Mrs. Chief, too.  Love you guys!. 

Margi

Hi Betty,

As you know, we only found out about Fred recently, thanks to a call from Chet. Very poor internet service in CT while we were there. We have sent a message to Daisy and she has responded with the good news of Fred getting better. We will keep them in our daily thoughts. Thanks for your email to Pat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom