Winnebago Vinyl Tile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mortgagehomes

I have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer and I would like to remove some carpet and add some of the original vinyl tile. Does anyone know where I can find the Manufacturer and the item numbers for them? I saw it once in one of the forums but I cant remember where. Any leads would be helpful!

Call Lichtsinn Motors. They are apparently next door to Winnebago and handle most everything on the coach. I talked to them about floor tiles just last week and they still have some of mine.

If you live close to a large floorcovering store, you can get the tile there, usually.  The tile is made by a company called Azrock which has been bought by Tarket.  If you know the tile number or style/color, and they sell Azrock brand, they can order it.  About half priced.  I did ours last year and we like it better than the carpet.  Hope this helps

I found an old posting that claims the subject tile is NAFCO FV 735  the poster said he got the information from Winnebago. Looked it up on the internet and saw it as low as $3.09 a tile! A little better than the $8.95 I was quoted from Lichtsinn motors!

Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm concerned about matching batch lots. Even though claimed to be the same can be vastly different. Lichtsinn got theirs from Winne so I have a way better chance of a proper match on a single tile in the middle of the floor.

If you try and match the tile, while you may get the style to match, the dye lots will not.
Ernie

Hmmmmm, always a fly in the ointment... I have ordered a couple tiles from Lichtsinn, but it may not be the same dye lot as the originalinstall either. I guess I am going to have to look them over for match as they get here. I will let everyone know how it works out. ??? ???

I really doubt you will find a match with 5 years gone by.  We replaced the carpet, so didn't worry about it. Maybe have to throw a rug over the area if match is to bad for you

Ok, I got the tile that I ordered from Lichtsinn and it matches perfectly amd they have enough to do my project. At $9 bucks a tile it is a $550.00 project just to replace the carpet in the front of the MH. It looks like the quickstick tile is a discontinued item though so probably cant get it anywhere else. I can still get the glue down version many places for around $4 bucks a tile. I don't know if the savings is worth the extra work of working with a spread down glue or not. Does anyone here have experience to share?

It's relative easy to install the tile.  Keep the area clean, only do a small area at a time, what ever you can reach.  I got my adhesive and trowel at Home Depot.  A gallon will go a long way.  If you are tiling up to the slide out, let the adhesive cure and tape it in place before you close a nd open slide.  I didn't, and a couple of tile moved.  Didn't notice it in time, they are a little outa whack, but we live with it.  Good luck which ever way you choose

Palerider said:
I really doubt you will find a match with 5 years gone by.  We replaced the carpet, so didn't worry about it. Maybe have to throw a rug over the area if match is to bad for you
Lichtsinn buys theirs from Winne, so we stand a very good chance of getting a correct dye lot match. Finally ordered mine on Friday.

Just got my Vinyl tile from Georgia carpets for 3.15 a square and it matches perfectly. looking forward to eliminating some of the carpet. I will post back with the results!

When we bought our 29B, the previous owner had a company in Oregon pull out all of the carpet except for the bedroom and replaced it with Pergo Oak laminate.  They did a terrific job and it makes keeping the floor clean a breeze.  We have an area rug that goes under the sofa slide and up to the dinette.  A great alternative to tile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom