110v Doesn't Work in Living Room Slide Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cochisewinger

Kathy and I moved from Sierra Vista, Arizona to Barstow, California for new j-o-b's. Now we're full-timers again in our 37 foot 5th wheeler toy hauler.

She had her laptop plugged into the 110VAC outlet in dinette/LR slide-out when the electricity just shut down and the two overhead 110VAC lights went out as well.

I've checked, reset all obvious circuit breakers both inside and outside the coach, the shore power box on the ground and GFI as well to no avail.

Oh the slideout portion works but thats on 12 VDC.

What am I overlooking or missing folks??

Thanks

Kent Switzer
[email protected]

Check wire connections in any junction boxes, breaker boxes, outlet boxes in the circuit.  Could be an improperly secured wire nut came loose, opening the circuit.  In addition to the places I mentioned, you may have to work your all the way back to the source.

Have you confirmed that the breaker and GFI in the circuit are good?  Before opening boxes and circuits, I would verify the integrity of any fusible components.

If the slide was already out when the power failed, my guess would be a GFCI controlling that circuit OR one leg of a 50A power supply went out.  You might try checking your shore power pole and, if that has power, check at your breaker box t make sure power is actually reaching the RV.

Believe it or not some slide rooms have a power cord that plugs in to an outlet next to slide room. Maybe this was loose. i know this sounds to simple.But check to see if there is a plug next to slide room and then look for a cord nearby.

I would start by locating the place where 120V power is supplied to the slide out. There has to be some type of flex wiring to supply it. I would check it first, then go back the the junction point where that supply is connected and use a volt meter to see if there is power to that point. If there is not I would then trace back to the next junction point and check for voltage again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom