Inflatable Kayak recommendations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wack2547

Has anyone had any experience with the Sea Eagle 370 inflatable Kayak?  They seem to have good deal on one on line right now.  I don't think it makes sense to tie up a solid plastic one to the ladder of my class A but I've been to so many camp sites where I would have loved to have boat. 
Denis

We have a Sea Eagle canoe which has served well when we use it and I know a couple folks that have othe Sea Eagle boats that have been happy with them.

We have a Sea Eagle 2 man "paddleski" which we really like.  It's packed under the coach and we are on our way from Central California to Eastern Canada.  We hope to use it a lot this summer.  I like it because we are up off the water and when we are done it deflates, folds up and weights about 50 lbs.

Marsha~

Don't have the model number of our Sea Eagle handy--it is the small kayak.  We're very satisfied with it.  We keep looking at the "paddleski" like Marsha has, but haven't found the storage place for it.

Jeannine

I can't speak for the Sea Eagle, but I know they are quite popular. I can say that the Advanced Elements brand are not very well made. I recommend you stay away from them.  I purchased one and the first time out it developed a leak on one of the seams. Not much better quality than a pool toy with a nylon cover on it. Thankfully I purchased it from Amazon.com and they had no problem taking it back. I then did some research and purchased a Sevylor which I am very happy with. It is excellent quality and did not price much higher than the Advanced Element. I purchased the Pointer K2 which is a tandem but they also make a Pointer K1 which is a single passenger. I know Sevylor is very well known for their quality and our boat was used an entire season last summer with no issues and is ready to go this season. I actually purchased two new hard kayaks this year for my wife and I and am handing down the Sevylor tandem to my sons to use when they come along with us. Seems my wife liked the tandem a lot because I did most of the paddling. Hence the reason for the two single kayaks. Good Luck!
Ralph

Thanks for your feed back.  I'll be going with the tandem model because I suspect I will doing most of the effective paddling.  We found the inflatable kayaks a little more stable and the fins on the bottom of the Sea Eagle hopefully will make it coast a little straighter.  DW still hasn't got the right side to paddle on figured out yet.  I love reading the accounts of people who have been to some of the great parks out west and have taken their boat out on Crater Lake or some such place.  My grandson is already talking about going out on it. 
Denis 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom