Camping World RV Rentals Still Growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmsboss1

Mary Ann and I just returned from a very pleasant visit with a couple of young German guys who are camped next door to us here in Grand Junction.

They are just a few days into a tour of the Rocky Mountain States which was arranged by a German tour/travel agency.  The interesting thing to us was that these young men were driving a brand new Chateau Class C (29 footer) which they had picked up at the factory north of Des Moines, IA.  At The completion of their trip, they will drop it off at a Camping World location in Salt Lake City.

Further, they told us that the travel agency told them that they had 300 Class Cs available to be picked up at the factory, used for whatever trip was taken, then turned in at Camping World locations all across the U.S.  On their trip over from Europe, there were 66 passengers on the plane, 60 of whom were flying into Des Moines to pick up new Chateaus for delivery to Camping World locations after completion of their US tours.

We had not realized that Camping World was so seriously into the rental business or that they had such a clever way to get their rolling stock delivered to their stores!

No axe to grind here, just an interesting observation.

Don

Pretty darn smart, why pay to transport them when you can find somebody that pays you to do the same thing!  Around my neck of the woods there are virtually no rentals to speak of when we were shopping.  I think with the economy the way it is it makes sense to have a rental fleet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom