Winnie/Itasca Recall Completed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank & Vicki

There is a recently published recall on Winnie and Itasca gas model Class A's for certain models and years. The recall is for bad weld(s) on the bracket that holds the LP Tank -- mine was on the recall list. I took it in today to have it looked at and they found that mine had a bad weld. They dropped the LP tank and rewelded it while I waited (4 hours). No issues that I could see. I tested the LP appliances and everything worked. I looked under the MH to see if I could see the weld but it was not obvious to me.
I guess it is hit and miss as to whether yours is affected. According to the service writer not all the units that are on the recall list have the bad weld(s).
Good Luck -- Frank O.

Great!  Thanks for the update Frank!  I need to take mine in....where did you take yours?

Well I did not want to include that info as I had no choice but to take it to dealer I purchased it from - K&C RV. I think they are a geat dealership for sales but the service dept is poorly rated. I have not had any issues so this was my first exposure to their service. It turns out that CW bought the dealership and now have taken over the service dept. My experience was OK -- service writer was ready for me and everything went smooth. No pressure to do any additional work. I loo over the coach and though I could see finger prints where they handled the Propane Tank and the surrounding area, nothing else was amiss.
Good Luck with yours.
Frank O.

That's where I bought mine Frank.  They used to be alot better Service wise until CW took them over and they became Freedom Roads. 

So.....my choice is CW in the Springs, or CW in Longmont.  ::)

Back
Top Bottom