Winnebago Sightseer 35J Lounge Chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T_TKraus

We are new.  We bought a 35J last month.  We have been out a few times and love it.  With three kids, we actually have them arguing over who gets to sleep in the bunks.

I think I have read some posts about 35J owners that have removed the lounge chair just inside the door.  The chair just does not seem to be very functional and is so close to the passenger chair.  Does anyone have advice about this?

Hi T&T!  It's very nice to have you join the forum and please feel very welcome.  Look around, learn, and have fun!  Can't help you out on the chair - sorry!

Welcome to the forum here!  There are many 35J owners here, and I'm sure some will come along to help.  :)

I have a 35J with the movable euro-chair and ottoman.  I have not had an issue since the chair is easily movable.  When traveling, I usually stow the ottoman in the bedroom, or in front of the couch so someone seated in a belted seat can kick their feet up.  As for the chair, I usually lock it down facing the drivers side of the coach, which leaves plenty of room for entry and for the front seat to recline a fair amount.  When parked, I usually move it closer to the door to allow for kicking back to watch the front LCD.

I have one of the infamous barrel chairs.  The man that designed that chair weight 95# and stood 4'4 1/2" - its about as uncomfortable as a metal folding chair at a 4th grade orchestra recital.  I pulled the chair and placed it in the house, kids use it to torture each other with... ok so they play video games in it. 

I would much preferred to have had one of the Euro lounge chairs, and may buy my own one of these days.  The location of the chair isn't very helpful where its at, hard for the passenger to turn around.  We usually just turn both driver/passenger seat for conversation pit.  We bring in one of our Zero gravity chairs for either my son or I to lay in if we watch a movie.  Getting it out was pretty easy, just unscrew the retaining bolt and clamp then toss, er I mean gently carry it out of the motorhome.

In its place we have our dog bed, or on longer trips I place a cooler there.

I like having the extra chair. With six and sometimes eight people on board, you can never have too many places to sit. I don't find it to be an especially uncomfortable seat either. I am very unhappy with the way it interferes with the passenger seat, which can't be reclined much at all or turned around very easily.

If you don't like it, it's easily removed. I think some people build small shelving units or relocate a TV to that spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom