I found a source for the sidewall to roof sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LK23

The roof to sidewall sealant for my Itasca Horizon is, Winnie part no. 094401-04-000.  This is a clear thermoplastic sealant.  Previously, the Winnebago product was Stone Mason Gutter and Siding Sealant.  This product is manufactured in Canada and is no longer distributed in the US.  Now Winnie has replaced this sealant with NuFlex 640, also a clear thermoplastic sealant.  I recently used NuFlex 640 on my coach and it appears to be identical to the prior Stone Mason product.

A price quote for NuFlex 640 at a Winnebago dealer was $16.25 a tube.  I placed a call to the R.T. Sales, the US distributor, and found I can purchase a case of 12 tubes for $4.52 a tube, plus shipping.  I have ordered a case and only need six tubes.  If anyone wants to buy 4 to 6 tubes.  I will sell them for my cost plus shipping.  Send me a PM if you are interested.

If you want to purchase a case, call Jody at R.T. Sales, 763-550-9880.

LK, thanks for posting this info here.  This is invaluable for us Winnie owners!  PM sent for 4 tubes!

If someone else wants some of Rex's caulk, I could just take two, that would leave 4 more for someone else.  :)

I think two tubes would do the motorhome. 

Mark - You get all you need (and then some!) I'll probably have Winnie factory service do our roof-sidewall joint sometime this summer.  I always like to have stuff on-hand in case I get the urge to work on the rig.

Is this the same sealant I see at the base of the siding all around the coach? Mine is starting to show weathering too.

LK23 said:
The roof to sidewall sealant for my Itasca Horizon is, Winnie part no. 094401-04-000.  This is a clear thermoplastic sealant.  Previously, the Winnebago product was Stone Mason Gutter and Siding Sealant.  This product is manufactured in Canada and is no longer distributed in the US.  Now Winnie has replaced this sealant with NuFlex 640, also a clear thermoplastic sealant.  I recently used NuFlex 640 on my coach and it appears to be identical to the prior Stone Mason product.

A price quote for NuFlex 640 at a Winnebago dealer was $16.25 a tube.  I placed a call to the R.T. Sales, the US distributor, and found I can purchase a case of 12 tubes for $4.52 a tube, plus shipping.  I have ordered a case and only need six tubes.  If anyone wants to buy 4 to 6 tubes.  I will sell them for my cost plus shipping.  Send me a PM if you are interested.

If you want to purchase a case, call Jody at R.T. Sales, 763-550-9880.

For those in Canada or near the boarder you can still get Stone Mason at Home Depot in Canada for $6.99 a tube in clear or Brown.  The 4.52 a tube is a good price.

John Canfield said:
Absolutely!  Winnie wants the roof-sidewall joint inspected and resealed if necessary every six months.
OK, then I'm right on time, coming up on 3 years...
I see HD mentioned above. Is this available through them or any of the other "Home" centers?

Rex,

I received my two tubes today.  ;D Now, if it would only stop raining!

Thanks!

Tom

I am currently 20 minutes (near Port Huron, Mi.) from the Canadian border near the town of Sarnia. It appears there is a Home Depot in Sarnia. I plan on going over to pick up some stone mason sidewall sealant. I do not know if there are any restrictions on how much I can bring back. I just called them and they have 32 in stock @ 6.99 per tube. I am not sure if I can ship these to anyone as I recall it might be considered hazardous. Any thoughts?

Jim

Getting the proper sealant to sealant for the roof edge has proven to be a real challenge. I searched for both the Stone Mason and NuFlex products and didn't have much luck finding them. Today I ordered the Stone Mason from the Winnebago Dealer close to the factory in Iowa at $20 a tube plus shipping. Too bad that was before I found this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom