clearance light bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LspTpr

I tried the search with no luck and my books dont show anything.  I bought a 2002 Ultimate Advantage a few weeks ago and just realized i have blown front top clearance light.  i cant find how to remove the lens.  I can see two screws but they are inside the lens, no way to get to them from the outside, any ideas?

Ours twist off and they look like lights I have seen for sale at truck stops.  AFchap has a UA (that I know of - there might be more on the forum) and if he doesn't respond to this thread, send him a PM.

I have an '03 Ultimate Advantage. The clearance lamp lenses pop off. As I recall there may be a little place along the edge somewhere where you can get a screwdriver or knife blade in to assist.

While you are up there, take a good hard look at the gaskets under the clearance lamps. Mine turned to sponge rubber soon after we bought the coach new, and rather than keep rain water out they wicked water in. We had a windshield leak that I traced to a clearence lamp, and confirmed by removing the screws you see inside and finding they were severely rusted. You cannot get new gaskets without buying the whole assembly, so I sealed mine with silicone caulk, and have them on my maintenance check list to check and repair as needed twice a year.  Interesting to note that my front lamps are attached with screws while the identical rear lamps are attached with pop rivets. Also, the gaskets on the rear lamps are in perfect condition ...they did not turn to sponge rubber.

thanks afchap.  you are right, i noticed that the gasket was in bad shape when i was looking.  that was why i decided not to twist around on the lens until i knew exactly how they are removed.  appreciate the info and i give that a try.  We leaving for the grand canyon next friday on basically a maiden voyage with it so probably wont mess with it until return. i figure 3 good lights are better than 1 busted up hole in the roof with my luck.

My opinion is the Ultimate Advantage and Ultimate Freedom models were some of the best Winnebago ever built and were best-in-class during that period of time - you made a really good choice!

Enjoy your UA and let us know how the maiden went!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom