Front television rattles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bignet

I have a 2006 Voyage and the front television rattles when I'm traveling down the highway.  I've tried making it more secure by stuffing the sides at no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty sure we have some Voyage owners that might have some TV tips for you.  Also, look around - there's lots going on in the forum and plenty of good resources.  Let any of the staff know if you any question about the operation of the forum.

OK I'm familiar with this in my Winne 37G.

What you have to do is go to the liquor store and buy a twelve-pack or two of Guinness.

Drink the Guinness, and then take the packs and fold them into wedges.

Stuff them into the spaces between the TV and the surrounding plastic.

It works perfectly for me.

But perhaps the Guinness mitigates it somewhat.

Rankjo

Yeah, I shoulda tried the Guiness thing first.  I changed it out for a 27" LCD flat screen instead.  It also took 50 pounds out of the front cabinet.  Not as much fun as the Guiness way, but it still worked out OK!!  ;)

Sarge

Good plan, but save one guiness for the Guiness Beef Stew.  made it today, and it was wonderful.  Served in a bowl of mashed potaoes on a dinner plate. 

We had the same problem.  Our noise sounded like a piece of flat steel flexing at a joint or weld or something similar.

We finally pulled the TV and tightened four small bolts on the steel cross bar which runs across the back of the cabinet - just above the tray where the TV rests.

This solved the problem.

Be careful, the TV is kind of heavy so you might enlist some help.

Mike

Bill, you dog...

Guinness beef stew, one of my favorites.  Try my alternate serving method.  Hollow out an individual crusty bread loaf and fill it as your bowl.  I call it a "Loaf of Stew".....

PancakeBill said:
Good plan, but save one guiness for the Guiness Beef Stew.  made it today, and it was wonderful.  Served in a bowl of mashed potaoes on a dinner plate. 

Bill,

Looks like I need to request a recipe from you, please??

I have a 2006 Voyage and when I replaced the front TV with a 32 inch LCD I noticed the old TV had the crossbar so tight that the side of the TV plastic was budging out. They pull them down rather tight. I am glad I got rid of the old heavy brick type TVs. When I changed out the front & rear TVs I saved 79 pounds. Art

If it is ratteling you likely have a screw loose.. The kind you tighten with the proper screw driver.

Alas.... Just where I can't tell you

Another possibility is that there is a bar or board or other object which has enough "play" to bang against it, I think you should have covered this with your stuffing but then again, perhaps they hid the problem

I would recommend an R&R,, Remove (inspect) and replace, use padding or weather strip tape wherever it's possible,  INspect for abrasion on the case

Here is a photo of my rear TV. You can see the side has been crushed bu the hold own bar.The front TV was the same. They did not rattle as they were so tight. Art

Attachments

• TV SIDE.JPG
    TV SIDE.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 50
RetiredLE said:
Be careful, the TV is kind of really heavy so you might enlist some help.

My right shoulder is now flat and 1" lower than the left.. :-\

We did what "RetiredLE" did, and opened each side compartment door (each side of the TV), and there is an opening to the steel support straps with a nut and bolt, and used a socket to tighten both bolts.....worked great!   :)

To bignet:  Glad to see another Voyage owner on here!  ;D  Any other questions about our units, and we will try to answer them!

Back
Top Bottom