CAT or Cummins dilema now that CAT is out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aero RV

I'm getting close to purchasing 07/08 used Class A.  As many are aware, CAT is no longer providing over the road engines.  Should I try to steer clear of the CAT propelled RV's for fear that I will have trouble getting service in the coming years?  Do you think I should try to stick with Cummins?

Thank you in advance for the input - Brian

I sure wouldn't worry about service on a Cat engine since there are many places to get service such as the Freightline facilities.  Bot Cummins and Cat are good engines.

I don't see CAT abandoning us although there will be no new engines the ones there are used elsewhere so parts and service should be readily available.  I have a CAT in my MH and have no concerns about support in the future.

I am not sure what RV brands you are looking for but if they are on a Freightliner chassis I have found that I get great service on my Cat from the Freightliner Oasis RV Service Centers. Most are Cat and Cummins service centers.

Our CAT garage is more than happy to work on motorhomes.  Freightliner and many other truck garages will have no trouble working on engines...tim

Back
Top Bottom