Looking to find out more about this vintage tent trailer - European?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rico_vancouver

Hi, Newbie here.

I recently purchased this very small, extremely lightweight tent trailer. As you can see from the "open" picture, it is a non-traditional style, where the lid hinges open on the side, and the tent pops up. The overall dimensions are about 7' long, and about 5' wide. It rides on 13" rims attached to a unique frame that uses a single, inverted, transverse-mounted leaf spring. The outer enclosure is fibreglass, and was originally painted beige, but has subsequently been painted silver. The interior is fabricated out of 6 mm plywood, and all screws and bolts are metric; combined with the old European (maybe German?) license plate that was still attached, I would say this was originally from Europe.

It was in rough shape, as it had sat abandoned on a lot for an unknown period of time, but the shell and frame are good. I am in the process of re-furbishing this unit, as it is quite simple - I have already gutted the interior and have a tent maker fabricating a new canvas one now. I'm half-way through retrofitting the wood and hope to have it on the road for the July long weekend. More pics can be seen at http://berner-wagen.blogspot.com/

If you have any input as to what you think this tent trailer is, or have any information about it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rich

Attachments

• trailer01.jpg
    trailer01.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 85
  • trailer02.jpg
    trailer02.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 67
  • trailer03.jpg
    trailer03.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 69
Welcome Rich to the rvforum.
Pretty neat setup you have there thanks for sharing. I have no clue about where its from but sure beats sleeping on the ground.

I guess I forgot that I put a post on this forum... I have since found out that it is a Klappfix 64 made by Camptourist (I think from Germany or the Netherlands). I have completed the restoration and been out on one trip with it so far:

http://berner-wagen.blogspot.com

Rich

Back
Top Bottom