Screen Door & Slide Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel G

I have two questions!
1.  The latch on my Excel screen door is broken.  Where can I purchase a new one?  Stopped by Camping World and they didn't have anything similar.  My Coach is a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery.

2.  To bring the main slide in I have to push the button about twenty times.  Each time the slide move 1/2 inch.  When it gets to the last foot it will then move right on in.  Is this normal?  The bedroom slide moves with no trouble.

Thanks.

Fleetwood Parts or any large Fleetwood dealer can get one for you.  Sullivan RV in Decatur is practically next door to the Fleetwodd Parts warehouse and can get you any part you need and ship it to you even overnight if you want to pay for it. Nice folks at Sullivan's - give them a call if your local Fleetwood store is unresponsive (or expensive).
http://www.sullivanrv.com/

No, your slide is not normal. Something is binding, which causes the motor to stop. Has it always done that or is this something new?  I saw a similar problem fixed once by simply cleaning and polishing the bottom of the slide when it was out. That reduced the drag on the carpet as it came in and everything worked fine. However, you could have something out of line or otherwise causing drag.

Thanks for the help, Gary!

I've owned this unit for about a month or so and the sliide has done this since we drove off from the dealer.  At the walk around the day we purchased, the saleman said it just hadn't been used in a while and would further loosen up.  Suckered in for that one I guess. 

Any Fleetwood owners out there who can give me some pointers on what to check?

the saleman said it just hadn't been used in a while and would further loosen up.  Suckered in for that one I guess.

Yeap, he got you. NEVER trust an RV salesman. There are a few knowledgeable and ethical ones, but the odds are against you finding one.

You might have a bad or maladjusted slide motor controller. That's the electronic thingie that monitors the motor power draw and decides when it is too much and shuts off. It does that to know when to stop at full in/out, but if it messes up it can have your symptoms. I'd start with a good wash and polish of the underside, though. It can make a big difference.

You are probably going to want professional help with the slide if the polish doesn't help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom