Workamping at Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tortuga

This is in response to a question on another thread about workamping at marinas.  I try to find a marina to work at for part or all of the summer.  This way since I don't haul a boat around, I can use their boats for free or almost free to fish.  I have worked both fulltime and parttime.  The place that I have enjoyed the most is Hall Crossing Marina on Lake Powell in southern Utah. The negatives are it is hot (but dry) and you have to work 40 hrs week  The positives are they pay more than most seasonal jobs, they give you a wonderful RV site for just $60/month, and you can use their powerboats for $5/day plus fuel.  You can also get a houseboat for a week in the off season for just the price of fuel and insurance.  It is also a beautiful area with many national parks and monuments to visit. It is very remote (which can be a plus or minus depending on the person).  The fishing is good for stripped bass, catfish, crappie, and smallmouth all summer and walleye in the spring.

I have also worked at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri (near where I grew up) and a small lake in northern California.  Be careful about working for wages in California for extended periods because of their residency and tax laws.  There are numerous jobs at marinas in workamper news (workampernews.com).  Many of them just require you to trade 15-20 hrs of work a week for a free RV space.

I hope this answers most of your questions and sparks some more comments.

Back
Top Bottom