Does MSRP usually include hitch setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulineCMay

My husband and I are haggling right now on a 5th wheel and can't remember is the list of "includes" on the MSRP included the hitch.  Can someone tell me what is the norm?  TIA

Pauline

Nope. MSRP is the trailer only. You will have to see what kind of deal you can cut with the dealer for the hitch.

Nelson

The manufacturer's MSRP covers only things shipped from the factory and does not include the tow vehicle's hitch.  A few dealers may price a hitch in their "asking price" for entry level rigs, those that a first-time buyer are likely to buy, but generally a hitch is not included.  Always ask about this and other extras such as "set-up", administrative fees, etc.

PaulineCMay said:
My husband and I are haggling right now on a 5th wheel and can't remember is the list of "includes" on the MSRP included the hitch.? Can someone tell me what is the norm?? TIA

Pauline

It's not included in MSRP. However, it's been my experieince that the dealer will include it in his quote, if its needed,  so that one has a drive away price. It's been about 6 years since I last boought a TT so things may have changed. The "normal" discount on a motorhome ranges from 25 -30%; don't know if that holds for a TT.

Ours wasn't.  But they claim to have 'shaved a bit off' the price because we bought the hitch setup at their dealership.  We honestly didn't even check around, just wanted to get it over with all at once.

I would bet that after dealing for the best price possible if one was to let them know that you would buy if the dealer would provide and install the equipment necessary for you to drive away with the trailer they would probably do it.  If they wouldn't walk away I doubt the would let you get far and if they still didn't agree then there are other dealers and you will be more experienced.

Back
Top Bottom