Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really... In a thread about a bunch of nerds mounting TV's ? That must have been pretty creative :)

I bought a NAXA LCD with built in DVD player for around 200.00. The greatest selling point for me was the low power draw on DC. The brightness of the screen is amazing. The one draw back is low speaker quality. When parked I use a simple A/C external PC Speaker combo that includes a subwoofer for great sound. I also have used the dash CD head unit with input jack with good results. The model of NAXA TV DVD Combo is NTD 2252

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007LNTH6W?keywords=ntd2252&qid=1450360054&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Not many posts of the rear TV so i figured I would post mine. The Horizon has a pull out cabinet for the TV. Once removed we just added the TV and built a shelf to hold a blue ray player. 
Just checked the post and noticed the pictures are rotated??? Not sure why  :-\

Attachments

• tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 42
The rotated pix are probably due to your PC monkeying with them (or that's the way you took the pix.)  Good replacement, I like it.  I replaced our rear glass monster probably in 2005 (our Horizon is a 2005 model.) I thought I had some pix of the new rear TV here or on our website but maybe not.

I replaced the old tv in the rear of our 2005 Adventurer. Cut a panel 23x19, drilled 2" hole in the center for wire access. Stained to match the cabinets. Then attached the panel using brass wood screws. I used a universal flat screen mount and used a 20" Sony flat screen that was in a spare bedroom in the house. Total cost, $30.00. And about two hours total time.

I have replaced my front analog TV with flat screen. Bought LG 32 in TV, LG blue ray player, and LG surround system. My old system had a micro Jack that plugged into a headphone style Jack on back of TV. I assumed this would plug in to new TV for sound. When I plug it in it cuts off TV speakers and nothing comes out of motor home system.  Does anyone know how this needs to be hooked up? I would like to use old sound system with NW stereo and TV if possible.

Steve ... welcome to the forum.  In order to help, we need to know what year Winnebago you are dealing with. Some are as simple as having an audio out plug, and others require other things. I ordered a "wort" from Riverpark Audio, Elkhart IN. They call it a "MT02 Modification Pigtail, Part #0000HRN-MT02". Cost was $10 + shipping. It solders to the speakers similarly to John's creation.

There may also be a setting in your TV setup that you can change.

John a question..I would like to upgrade my vcr, but there is a bunch of wires coming out of the back. Assuming for the surround sound. Any ideas?

Jim

Tin man said:
John a question..I would like to upgrade my vcr, but there is a bunch of wires coming out of the back. Assuming for the surround sound. Any ideas?
Upgrade your VCR?  Is it tape and you want to go to DVD?  Need many more details Jim.

Sorry John, was up late, upgrade the DVD player.  The wires are hard wired in the back. It's also a programmable DVD. Speaker wires are soldered in.

Jim

It appears to be, I bought the unit used, but the manuals look like winnebago's . 
It plays standard dvd's not blue ray, and the door hangs up.  The speaker wires ( surround sound) Bose are hard wired no snap on clips. 

Hard wired - that would be weird.  There's no connectors on the back of the DVD player?  Can you post a picture?  Don't forget your TV needs to be full HD to take advantage of a BlueRay player.  On a smaller TV screen, you would be hard pressed to see a difference between 720p and 1080p.  I never had the urge to upgrade to BlueRay due to the high cost of the media.

The MH is now in storage, but I'll get there next week. The wires are deffinitly hard wired.  I updated the tv two years ago and all is HD. Except for the SAT. Old dish on roof.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom