Archive of responses to: Welcome to the new Winnebago board! Please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see some of the old (not in age of course) gang here!!!!!..... Sarge, ReM, SCVJeff, TomN, geodrake, AA4WP, RedT, John Canfield, the "new" friends including the forum staff, my buddy Frank (has the same unit as I do, so we share alot of the same concerns) and of course, how could we forget Max49!!!!  Even though he doesn't have a Winnie, we STILL like him!!!

Mike Goad said:
I'm glad to see the Winnebago sub forum.  Good idea!  ;D

At the beginning of July, we had a 32 foot high profile Bighorn fifth wheel with 2 slides.

Before July was over we were in a 2008 24'9" Itasca Navion IQ 24CL with no slides. Our first trip in it was 25 or so days to Wisconsin and back.  We've also had a couple of other local trips.

After the larger fifth wheel, it takes a little getting used to, but we love it and I'm pretty sure we'll be doing more traveling with something smaller.

I've posted a couple of images below.
Mike - we have been love with the Navion and View ever since it was introduced. I'll bet down-sizing *is* difficult.  Our last house was 2900 feet with a pool, our new one is 1200.  It's like trying to stuff five pounds of stuff in a three pound bag  :D

John Canfield said:
I'll bet down-sizing *is* difficult. 

Down-sizing wasn't difficult at all when faced with the choice of very little RVing unless we got something different in order to reduce my wife's fifth wheel induced anxiety.    :(

She just couldn't get over being overwhelmed by that big thing looming over us as we traveled down the road -- and when pulling into a "tilted" campsite, I couldn't quite convince her that the fiver was not top-heavy and that it wouldn't tip over. 

Now, with the iQ, RVing is the adventure that we had planned on for many, many years. 

One of the nice things about a small motor-home is that we don't take us much stuff along that we don't need.  ::)

i am the proud owner of a 1998 Winnebago Adventurer.  being that my baby is now 10 years old it is nice to have a place to go where I can talk to other winnie owners who may be able to answer 10 year old questions.

Ron said:
Smart move Mike cause as you know if momma isn't happy you best make her happy.
But we always have the last (two) words, don't we, Ron.  ::)

Hello John and my fellow Winnebago owners.  It is exciting to find another great site on the web to share RV experiences and helpful info about our rigs.  I know many of you great folks from other forums and I look forward to continuing to share with all of you. 

For those of you who don't know me, I am Gary Kirby from beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia, and I have a 2002 Journey DL. 

Hi all, great to be here in the new Winnebago Forum. We are wintering in Florida this year. We are in the process of configuring an rv lot for our Vectra on Sanibel Island.

Jim

Hey Jim - it's very nice to see you over here and welcome to a very friendly place!  Get familiar with the board - lots of really valuable resources here and lots of interesting forums.

Looks like lots of the old gang are coming here!  I'm thrilled!  :)

Lots of info on this site, and I am still learning my way around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom