Ron Ruward in hospital 6-3-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Frank, I figured I didn't want to get him excited. I had Ron on speaker phone, and Chris asked if he was behaving himself with all the nurses; Unlike most of his other replies, which incurred some processing delay, his reaction to that one was immediate.

Hi Ardra,

That is the best news we've gotten in a long time!!! It sounds like he's really coming along especially since he made two phone calls Thanks for the update.!

With great progress like that all of us have a little something extra to say thanks for when Turkey Day comes around.

Keep up the good work Ron and team ;)

What great news on Ron.  All we need now is for him to be able to move around, then Sam can put him in the RV and come join us.  That would be the best medicine of all.

GO RON GO!

Ron from Big D said:
What great news on Ron.   All we need now is for him to be able to move around, then Sam can put him in the RV and come join us.  That would be the best medicine of all.

GO RON GO!

AMEN!!!!!

I just sent them a Christmas card and told Ron he wouldn't believe all the good wishes coming his way.  ;)

ArdraF

Hi Ardra

many thanks for your Christmas letter, but very sad to read of Ron's illness in there.  It seems he's getting better.  Can you e-mail me his home address in Lewiston please.

Terry (at home in England)

I talked to Donna (Sam) yesterday and she said that Ron is improving more every day.  The short term memory isn't very good yet.  They have him standing six times per day when they get him from the bed to the chair and back for meals without the lift.  Twice per day when he is getting therapy they have him on the parallel bars.  She said that he get very excited about getting his therapy and really looks forward to it.

She sends greetings to everyone from both of them.

Lorna,

Thanks for the update.  I've been remiss by not calling Sam, so I'm glad you did.  Not enough hours in my day!  ;)

ArdraF

Thanks for the update Lorna, It seems like a lot of us are having problems this year but it's really good to hear that Ron is starting to come around. Please let him know that Arlyne & I are still keeping him in our prayers also.
Hope to see you guys in January in Yuma.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Hi Lorna,

That is really great news about Ron. The fact that he is excited about his therapy speaks volumes about his will to conquer this affliction. I'm sure he will do so as he has always been one to forge forward!

Sunday - 12/20/2009

I just talked with Ron Ruward.  He sounded great and he is talking much faster.  His words are coming faster, which is great, but there is still a noticeable time lag between when I stop talking and he starts.  They have him using a device/lifter so he can sit on the side of the bed and stand up and then sit down.  He really wants to start walking which is good news.  His biggest complaint, which we all understand, is that the recovery is not going fast enough.   

JerryF

What's that old prayer?  "God, grant me patience... but please hurry".

Our prayers for Ron will continue.

Glad to hear Ron is improving. Can't wait for him to get back online and start slamming Affinity  :D

Wendy

Ardra,

Thanks for the update. We had a message on our machine from Ron. Will be calling him back. Sure happy to hear he is able to sit up and stand with the help of that device. A positive attitude certainly will go farther than any other encouragement.

Sam/Donna called this morning.  She seemed real upbeat in terms of Ron making some progress.  His old personality is returning and he's getting more mischievous.  They get him standing and he's now learning to shift his weight from one leg to the other.  Can't do it on his own, however, so it's still a very slow processs.  He likes being in the other dining room where there are other people who are able to carry on a conversation.  His weight loss seems to have stabilized and he's actually gained a few pounds so that's one big worry that's taken care of itself.  It sounds like the kitchen staff really try hard to fix foods the patients like so Ron has been training them on how to cook his eggs the right way.  There are quite a few men in the nursing home so once a week they have a cowboy breakfast.  Ron really likes those meals - eggs, bacon, pancakes.

He also wheels himself all over the place with his right leg so that means he's not only getting more social interaction but also more exercise.  Of course, yesterday he was trying to reach something down by his left leg and fell out of his wheelchair, couldn't get up, and had to call for help.  Nothing hurt but his ego!  He called Sam to tell her what he had done and then, of course, the nurses had to call her also.  Once spring arrives and they can work on a wheelchair ramp he might be able to come home for weekly visits.

One other reason Sam called was that she's been thinking more about selling the motorhome.  She doesn't see Ron as being able to travel and do things with the motorhome for probably a couple of years and is thinking it's better to sell it now than have it sit for an unknown length of time.  Her thinking now is that, if they can get back to traveling when Ron is more able, then they can get a smaller one that will suffice for shorter trips.  Jerry will be working with her to place an ad in the RV Forum.  Of course, right now it's in a snow bank and it won't be going anywhere until spring!

Sam said to say hello to everyone.  She misses us....

ArdraF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom