Ron Ruward in hospital 6-3-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will also add my prayers as well. My brother had a stroke on christmas and the
recovery was a good couple months but he did recover well. The doctors
actually had to surgically place a feeding tube into his stomach cause the stroke
left him unable to swallow for awhile and they kept him sedated as well because
of the combative stuff and ripping out tubes and such. Although it was scary
and we really doubted the doctors when they said he would make a complete
recovery, he really did! But I can certainly feel the anguish the family is going
through. My prayers and blessings to them.

OH No, I hate hearing this.  Please pass on our best wishes for Ron and tell him we are praying for he and Sam.

I would also like their home address and Sam's phone number.

Marsha~

All,

I spoke with Sam this evening.  She said there was a little progress today which is encouraging.  Ron's still having difficulty swallowing but did manage to get down some Jello today.  The feeding tube is still an option.  The speech therapist was there when she arrived today and said he also is speaking better.  In fact, Sam said he was jabbering away to her and most of it was understandable.  He had a lot to say!  The physical therapist also reported progress.  They sat Ron up today and moved his feet over the side of the bed.  The therapist said his legs were really wobbly when they did it the first time this morning, but his legs seemed more steady this afternoon.  His left leg is still the worst problem.  Another positive is his awareness of people, where he is, and so forth.  Sam thinks he may be sent to a nursing home early next week, so that's encouraging too.

Sam said to please thank the framily for their concern and their calls.  She's holding up pretty well, all things considered.  It's just one step at a time and each day as it comes.

ArdraF

Thanks for the update Ardra. Glad to hear that Ron seems to be getting better. We will all keep both of them in our prayers.

Jerry & Arlyne

Thanks Ardra.

From what Sam told me last night and your additional information tonight, it sounds like he is making slow steady progress. 

We will keep them in our prayers.

Ardra,
Send Sam and Ron a bundle of hugs and prayers from us. We will be praying for a quick recovery. I will get their numbers from Margi.
Thanks for keeping the framily informed on how well he is doing. we will hope for more good reports

Helaine and Wally

Great hearing about the improvements. With Ron jabbering away we all know that he is getting back to normal ;D

I haven't visited the forum in ages (now that we are no longer RVers) and was sorry to read of Ron's hospitalization when I logged on this morning. We hope he has a fast and complete recovery. It sounds as though he's off to a very good start.

Best wishes to all!

Judy and Stu Madnick

Ardra,
Thank you for  the information about Ron. This news came as a real shock to Jack and I. However, Ron's recovery seems to be off to a very good start. THAT is good news!!  I don't have Sam's cell phone number. Would you please email it to me?

Prayers and hugs are on the way to Ron and Sam.

Regards,
Jack and Liz

That's a shocker - I always thought  Ron was indestructible!  Please let Sam know our thoughts and prayers are with her and Ron as they work their way through this.

Cindy and my best wishes for Ron.  He is good people -- he made a point of greeting every new member as they posted in the forum

Thanks for the update, Ardra. Ron jabbering is more like Ron so here's hoping things are looking up. Be sure to tell Sam to take care of herself. We're sending cyber hugs to both of them....shoot, we'll send cyber hugs to all the Framily. Gordon sends some doggie kisses, too....after all, Ron is the king of doggie snacks !

Hugs to everyone
Wendy and Mike

Happy to hear that Ron is talking!

As to the difficulty swallowing...think of it as extreme dieting.

Prayers and good wishes go out to Ron for a speedy recovery.

I can just hear him as the nurse enters the room with his daily med's.

"I wouldn't even consider letting you anywhere near my body with that stuff...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom