Newbie hitch question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

syjl

Hello All,

I just bought a cheap 5'er to get started and need to get the included hitch mounted on my 1994 Ford F350 crew cab.  There is little I can't put together or fix but I am stumped on this.  The hitch is the classic Reese 20k and came with the rails and hardware except for the L brackets which were available locally.  I have looked at all the installation guides online and cannot find this rail kit.  The pics of the 30035 just don't match.  Instead of the normal eight holes in the rails for the bolts through the bed, there are square center holes made for four 1/2 inch bolts. The problem is when I measure 33.5 inches off the end of the bed to the edge of the rear rail, it locates the center mount bolts directly over the bed sill.  Do I need to drill holes in the rail kit for 8 bolts?  Do I simply move the hitch forward or backware 2 inches?  Somethin' ain't right.  Can you help me?? Photos at the following link under the fifth wheel album.  Thank you.

http://photos.yahoo.com/syjl

Maybe you have an older set of rails than the current 30035 kit.  Or maybe you have the 30040 kit which is designed for mid-size pick-ups rather than full size.

But as I read the 30035 instructions, it says some adjustments in placement may be necessary to avoid structural members. I assume you are looking at http://www.reeseprod.com/support/support/pdfs/30035IN.pdf

Your best bet is  to contact Reese Technical Support at 1-800-758-0869 and get advice direct from them concerning your particular hitch and truck.

OK. After much searching I figured out it is a Husky/Valley rail kit so I am now looking for the instructions for the installation of the rail kit.  I have emailed the company and will phone them as well but it is a holiday weekend. 

Back
Top Bottom