Monaco brand survives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Received an encouraging email from Monaco International today. You can read the June 4 announcement on the Navistar International web site. Monaco also has a link to the announcement on their web site.

The email goes on to mention that the new Monaco RV LLC will be headed by former Monaco Chairman, Ray Kay Toolson and that several former Monaco execs will be on the management team.

An article in RV Business also carries the story.

Yeah...I've been reading these announcements flying around for a couple of days.  While I am THRILLED to see Navistar buy the assets of Monaco, I am surprised to see that they've retained Kay Toolson and some of his management team, as they should take some responsibility for the Monaco downfall IMHO.  :eek:

That would be KAY Toolson.

The bad news is that the new Monaco RV LLC is not assuming any liabilities of the former company, including warranties. If you buy a new Monaco coach that was produced before the date of sale, it's warranty is worthless. Service will presumably  be available, though. Navistar says "customer service representatives will be available to aid RV owners in providing service and support for their vehicles."

Oops, typo, thanks Gary. Having met him, I knew his correct name and intended to type Kay.

I didn't expect prior warranties to be honored, although one Monaco dealer I know is offering to honor some warranty stuff on his dime - for the coaches he bought prior to the demise. Don't know the extent of this.

More news on Monaco - they began hiring back some workers yesterday. No statement about resuming production or the future of various modls, though.

Article here:
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2009/06/good-start-on-day-1-of-the-new-monaco-rv-llc/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom