Cummins/Onan Coach Care centers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Some folks already knew this, but I learned about Coach Care during a Cummins seminar last week. Each of the Coach Care centers can "take care of anything on your coach except bodywork and paint". There are currently 30 of these centers across the U.S. with more opening every year. Most of the centers offer hookups for folks who need to stay overnight.

For more informaion and locations, visit their web site at http://www.funroads.com/service/coachCare.jhtml.

The Coach Care Centers are similar to the Freightliner Oasis Service Centers.  Separate facilities for motorhomes with hookups.  We us the one just west of Phoenix for all our service.

Thanks Ned. Do the Oasis centers work on things besides chassis?

Engines, generators.  Oasis and Coach Care centers are essentially truck service facilities for motorhomes.

OK thanks Ned. Coach Care claims to be able to fix (or replace) appliances. I wondered if anyone has used them for anything beyond engine, generator and chassis.

If so, then the Coach Care centers are more like RV service centers.

Tom said:
OK thanks Ned. Coach Care claims to be able to fix (or replace) appliances. I wondered if anyone has used them for anything beyond engine, generator and chassis.

Coach-Care Centers are working to certify their people on chassis,appliances, etc. It's a long process as you can imagine since the mechanics have to be pulled off thier normal work for training and from what I've seen that's limited to an hour or so a week or something similar. . So, you may not find every center having certifed people on every item but that's what their working towards. Appliances/et al includes HWH,Suburban,Atwood,Dometic,Norcold and Coleman in addition chassis include Workhorse, Monaco, Spartan, Country Coach and Foretravel.

Tom

The Coach Care presenter at FMCA-Minot said that, except for appliances, Coach Care doesn't work on RV interiors.

BernieD said:
Tom

The Coach Care presenter at FMCA-Minot said that, except for appliances, Coach Care doesn't work on RV interiors.

Your right Bernie but I'll throw out a small point. These locations are all owned by the Distributors who are under contract to Cummins  for waht they must do - nothing prevents them from doing more.  So, I'd expect some minor differences from location to location. Cummins has embarked on a major reduction in the number of Distribuors with the rumor being a possible cutting down to somewhere near 13. This means the remaining ones will be larger and financially stronger to be able to undertake Coach Care Centers and other things. Cummins Rocky Mountain LLC is one of the new ones in the Western part of US.

My experience with Coach Care was at Cummins Cal Pacific in El Cajon CA. The customer service and work performed was top notch. They worked with our extended service people and got everything that could be covered under one deductible charge.

They do have water and electric and said a dump was in the planning. We had to wait for some parts which gave us plenty of time to tour around the San Diego area.

Al

Thanks Bernie. The Cummins Northwest guy here said "everything inside your coach" and their web site suggests that. But the way you heard it makes more sense.

Al Wax said:
My experience with Coach Care was at Cummins Cal Pacific in El Cajon CA. The customer service and work performed was top notch. They worked with our extended service people and got everything that could be covered under one deductible charge.

They do have water and electric and said a dump was in the planning. We had to wait for some parts which gave us plenty of time to tour around the San Diego area.

Al

I just left the Cummins CalPacific location mentioned by Al. I had the usual services done with oil change, etc, but they also replaced an instrument in my dash and serviced my AquaHot furnace/water heater. CalPaific also owns and operates a CoachCare in Irvine and in Ventura. They advertise transmission service, brakes, appliances, awnings, electrical & plumbing repairs plus body work.

The facility is housed in a brand new building, apart from the truck service facility which faces another street. The customer lounge is very comfortable. Monaco/Holiday Rambler recommended them and the oil gauge was covered by waranty. Monaco was very complimentary about Cal-Pacific. After the treatment I received, I, too, am very happy to find a nearby professional "bumper-to-bumper" service & repair shop.

Thanks for the report Bob. Sounds like they have a winning recipe for RVers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom