Control your Canon DSLR with your iPhone or iPod Touch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
Saw this app demonstrated on a tech show I was watching yesterday.

Check it out here

They mentioned on the show that this same company is working on an app for the Nikon.

The demonstration I saw they had the camera tethered to one of the little netbooks.

That's quite interesting - but not for me.  My 30D stays with me - not left in a place where I'd have to use some remote control to trip the shutter.  I don't think I"d even want to do that with our little point & shoots.

It might be just the thing for a nature photog, though.......

I didn't get the point of the demo either. I guess there might be someone with an application for it but certainly not me.

seilerbird said:
I didn't get the point of the demo either. I guess there might be someone with an application for it but certainly not me.

Tom,

What if you were monitoring a nest. You could set you camera up on a tripod and see what the camera is seeing, change the zoom setting or fire the shutter from a distance that wouldn't disturb the wildlife. Even from inside your MH if it is within WIFI range.

One more thing Russ's I-Phone can do that my Verizon can't. ;D

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Tom,

What if you were monitoring a nest. You could set you camera up on a tripod and see what the camera is seeing, change the zoom setting or fire the shutter from a distance that wouldn't disturb the wildlife. Even from inside your MH if it is within WIFI range.

I know all about remote wildlife monitoring. There is a photography magazine that awarded first prize to a mountain lion photo that was tripped by the animal who took his own picture. There was quite a controversy about who the actual photographer was and should it have won a prize. I really don't think that one in a million photographers would use the remote shutter program. Way too much hassle to set up and very few people would have a real world use for it.

Jeff, but you can make phone calls in more places than he can :)

Answer to this same as other things,  "because I can"  Just ordered my Canon DSLR and a lens.  Waiting for delivery.  Have the rest of the stuff, given my prediliction for gadgets, I'll probably download the Lite version just to try.

Back
Top Bottom