2004 sundancer 430v possible interior change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebbs

i have a 2004 itasca sundancer 430v it has a dinette and jacknife sofa. the sofa is attached to the front slideout and i would like it to be what i would call a u shaped couch also i would like to take out the dinette and put two barrel chairs with a small wall table any opinions on this?i also wonder if any one with a similiar unit has had any luck opening the access door to the furnace i have taken out the screws that hold the door shut but it wont open i wonder if the vent has to be removed from the door and if so it has 6 screws and two rivets do the rivets need removed? also the water lines in the shower area are quite noisy does anyone know how to access them? heres a question i just got back from west yellowstone and the road between colter bay and yellowstone national park is under construction and made a mes of our coach (mud like crazy) i live in northern colorado and wonder is there  better route as im going back in september also how come mine is always the only dirty one i see on the roadhow does everyone keep theirs so nice and clean? thanks for any response

ebbs said:
... how come mine is always the only dirty one i see on the roadhow does everyone keep theirs so nice and clean? ...

Ha!  Go to Alaska - if you are a neat-freak you will be completely  out of sorts.  There are few places to wash or get the unit washed, so you just deal with mess.  We wash ours two or three times a year and try to wax it at least once a year, but the objective is twice a year.  I know some folks that have literally worn the paint off of parts with washing and waxing - that ain't us  ;D

thanks, it just seems like everytime i go to grizzly rv park in west yellowstone i have the dirtiest unit there and just wondered how you keep a rig clean on the road as i havent found a way yey. however grizzly rv park will let you wash there

ebbs said:
.... i also wonder if any one with a similiar unit has had any luck opening the access door to the furnace i have taken out the screws that hold the door shut but it wont open i wonder if the vent has to be removed from the door and if so it has 6 screws and two rivets do the rivets need removed?

Regarding the furnace access ....
What's probably holding the panel down is butyl rubber caulking.  You have it get under an edge of the panel and pry real slowly and it will start pulling apart.  Pry a little and then move to another spot and pry a little so you don't bend/ dent/crack/deform the panel.  Butyl rubber also holds the vent too so you have to pry it off the same way..... slowly and in several spots.

Good luck,
Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foogie
Back
Top Bottom