Unknown switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harveyj

We have a new to us '03 Minnie 29B and there is a black toggle switch over the forward dinette seat adjacent to the signal amplifier plate.  It is installed in the bottom of the overhead cabinet.  I haven't a clue as to what it controls.  I have looked over the wiring diagrams but cannot locate it on the schematic.  Does anyone know what this switch is for. 
Thanks

I must have overlooked that diagram....thanks.  It looks to be a "courtesy" switch.  When I toggle it, nothing happens.  The only light I have in the overhead is controlled by another bulkhead switch..mmmm

Courtesy lights are often outside lights.  Toggle it at night while someone is outside looking for lights.

I would expect courtesy lights to be low-wattage footlights along the aisle to provide a little light moving around at night.

I do have a switch for the aisle lights...nice touch.  I did turn on the questionable toggle switch, went outside and saw nothing.  The porch light has it's own switch.
This small, black toggle switch is unobtrusive, un-labeled, and, almost out of sight.
Maybe someone with another 29B will clear it up.

Harveyj said:
I must have overlooked that diagram....thanks.  It looks to be a "courtesy" switch.  When I toggle it, nothing happens.  The only light I have in the overhead is controlled by another bulkhead switch..mmmm

My eyes are old and don't work as well as the used to, but in looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like it is wired to the the two small lamps over the dinette.  Are they controlled somewhere else? If not maybe they are both burnt out or not working. 

The lamps over the dinette are controlled by their own switch labeled "dinette".  All of the light switches, step switch, etc. are the same type of off white rocker type while the questionable switch is a small black toggle.  I am going to take a pic today and see if that helps.
Thanks

I had the very same question a few years ago about this same switch on the same model. The same suggestions came through then although I had found it not hooked up to anything.

In our Itasca Sunrise there is an on/off switch next to the TV antenna amplifier that turns on/off a small inverter for the entertainment equipment.

On our 04 29B it turns on a night light down close to the floor back by the bathroom - probably for a person sleeping in the bunk to flip on if they want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  We don?t have a bunk we have the front entertainment center, but still have the switch. 

OK, you got me to spend some time digging through the wiring diagrams.  The 'Courtesy Light' switch over the dinette and the 'Aisle' light switch by the bedroom are both 3-way switches that both control the same light, down on at the floor level between the bathroom and the bedroom.  (The 'Courtesy Light' I referred to in an earlier post on the 'upper left corner of the 4th page' actually appears to be the outside 'porch' light, so that was a red herring.)

The two switches are connected together by two wires (NY and NU).  The center connector of the bedroom switch connects to the light (PH) which has a ground connection (ND).  The center connector of the dinette switch connects to +12V (JA).

OK...found the problem and what the switch controls.  I pulled the switch and found a spade connector hanging loose.  I re-attached it, turned on the switch and found that it did control a small aisle light near the bathroom.  Thanks to everyone that responded.  I still don't understand why the switch is so different from the others and almost hidden from view next to the valance...it now has a small label "aisle light".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom