Interior lights - unique to Winnebago, or......?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davemittan

I don't want anything to do with the dealer we got our rig from, and I have two over-the-sink lights that need repair or replacement.  (see attached)  They produce enough heat that they must be halogens.  The diameter of the bezels is a little over 3".

Camping World online has these that look quite similar, but they don't show diameters, or anything else to indicate they'd be an easy swap.

I might be open to switching to LEDs, if someone knows of a product that would be similar in appearance and light output.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF2791w.jpg
    DSCF2791w.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 137
Dave - the light on the right looks like ours.  I recall a thread somewhere at sometime in the past (don't think it was on rvforum though) discussing replacement of these lights.  Stand by and let's see what happens.

Here are the Winnebago part numbers for that light (from page 57 of 2008 Winnebago R.V. Parts and Accessories Catalog):

123775-01-01A LIGHT-HALOGEN, ROUND, BRASS
    123775-01-02A LIGHT-HALOGEN, ROUND, SATIN NICKEL
    123775-01-03A LIGHT-HALOGEN, ROUND, BLACK
    123775-02-01A LIGHT-HALOGEN, COLLAR, BRASS
    123775-02-02A LIGHT-HALOGEN, COLLAR, SATIN NICKEL
    123775-02-03A LIGHT-HALOGEN, COLLAR, BLACK
    123775-01-701 BEZEL-LENS, BRASS
    123775-01-702 BEZEL-LENS, SATIN NICKEL

You should be able to get those from Lichtsinn Motors (Lichtsinn Motors Parts) if you want.

To my eye the Camping World lights look like the same fixture.

[On edit] The bulb should be 123775-01-700 Bulb-10 Watt, Halogen 99-JC10 (10W 12V T3 G4 Mini Bi-Pin Base Clear Halogen bulb)

cbeierl said:
You should be able to get those from Lichtsinn Motors (Lichtsinn Motors Parts) if you want.

To my eye the Camping World lights look like the same fixture.

Thanks for the part numbers!  I sent an e-mail to someone at Lichtsinn late yesterday, we'll see if they respond.

Yeah, they look like the same ones CW has, but would the body fit into the cutout in the cabinet?  Same three screw holes?

John - the light on the left is identical to the one on the right, except the bezel keeps falling off.  So I want at least one complete assembly, and a few replacement bulbs to have on hand.  (I have 3 more identical lights in the slide)

Thanks to Chris' link to that Winnebago pdf file, I can see they use the same bulb as the lights from Camping World.  I'll just order several bulbs from CW.  Maybe that bezel just hadn't been tightened enough.

Thanks for the replies!

The bezels on the halogens are noted for falling off.  As you twist them on, you will notice it never seems to feel all that tight.  In showing thousnads of motorhomes, in all different brands, I can tell you that probably 1 in 3 would have a bezel on the counter top.  Some from customers that accidentally unscrewed, some because they were put back on wrong and some because they just seem to fal off.  Winnebago was not much worse than any other brands.  One way to pevent is a very sall dab of silicone.  Small enough to break free when needed, large enough to keep it from unwinding.

Thanks for the tip!

If memory serves (questionable), I had never messed with that one bezel - but it fell into the sink while we were rolling one day.

I noticed kind of a click when I rotated it back on the fixture - maybe that was enough to secure it.  If not, I'll do the dab of silicone trick.

One of our fluorescent light covers continues to fall off while rolling.  I think I will try the silicon.

This is a pretty common light fixture - my American Coach has several of them too. They use 10W halogens but its a fairly standard base and you can perhaps find alternate bulbs that will fit. It's a G3 G4 base.

Here is a source for a G4 base LED. Pricey, but so is a new fixture.

http://www.lightingfx.com/item--LED-G4-Bulb--LEDG4

Better price here:
http://www.amazon.com/LED-Light-bulb-14LED-White/dp/B000M19AA8

I just ordered three of the G4 14 LED lights from Amazon (Cyron, Inc). $8.95 each but the S&H was steep at $11.95.

Note that the LEDs will provide a lot less light than the halogens, so if you are counting on these for reading or area lighting, get an one with a lot of LEDs.

Dave:

If you decide on the LED replacement make sure you test them on a dark night while you can still return them. I replaced two fluorescent fixtures as well as two fixtures similar to yours.  

The recommended replacements for the flouresecents were two strips of 18 LEDs per fixture but to get enough real light to make the area comfortable I ended up with 4 strips per fixture.

The first LED set they gave me for the spot beam had 8 5mm LEDs and I ended up with an 18 LED bulb that is fine for reading but doesn't really light up the area around my chair enough.

Those are great when we are boondocking for battery conservation but I will NEVER recover the cost of all those LEDs. ;D

Dave:

Gary and I posted at the same time but the message is the same, it takes a lot of LED's!

Hey Jeff and Gary -

I like plenty of light when I'm reading, so I might have to live with those hot halogens.  We carry LED emergency "tap-lights" which take AAA batteries.  And two desk lamps with bars of LEDs.  All of them emit a "cool" light that I'm not in love with. 

I'm hoping LED technology improves soon.  Or maybe I should get the cataract surgery done sooner.  :eek:

Odds are your fixtures have 10W halogens, but this size bulb comes in 35w, 20W, 10w and 5w sizes.  Try the 5w and see if it is bright enough. That will reduce the heat dramatically.

http://www.thelightingsuperstore.co.uk/category.asp?catcode=143

If you Google G4 bulb you will find all kinds of replacements - maybe there is something else that will work for you.

I have several of these under cabinets and can use low-light bulbs there. That's why I am trying the LEDs. I might order some 5W too. Maybe one of us could get a deal on a 10 or 20 pack of the 5w bulbs and share them.

Hey Gary -

I was looking at that link and thought the prices were really low.  Then I noticed the ? signs in front of the numbers.  So the price in dollars would be at least twice as much, right?  Plus some high S&H, I would assume.

Do you think there are clusters of LEDs that produce MORE light output than the 10W halogens?  That's what I would want.......

I put that link up because it showed several different bulb models on one page - sorry the UK prices were misleading.

I doubt if you can get enough LEDs to equal a 10w halogen in that small of a bulb.

You could try a Zenon bulb - they run somewhat cooler than a halogen and often a bit brighter too.

http://www.lightingfx.com/item--Zenon-G4--ZB12VG4

Back
Top Bottom