2010 models soon to be released to dealers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Info about 2010 models will soon be released to the dealer network and I'm trying to scrounge up more details.  Word is the Winnie sales folks are really excited about the new lineup.  It's nice to see Winnie is still in their product development cycle.

When have sales folks NOT been excited about a new lineup ;D  It is nice to see at least one company is offering new models, hopefully with some innovations.

Thanks for the update John.  I look forward to seeing what the marketing folks at Winnie have in store with this current economy.  I did think that they came out with TWO nice models last year....the full slide Class C on the Sprinter chassis (25A?), and also the cool Class A on the Dodge Sprinter chassis with the very cool lexan double insulated foldout windows.....I wonder if they sold any of these?

FrontrangeRVer said:
Thanks for the update John.  I look forward to seeing what the marketing folks at Winnie have in store with this current economy.  I did think that they came out with TWO nice models last year....the full slide Class C on the Sprinter chassis (25A?), and also the cool Class A on the Dodge Sprinter chassis with the very cool lexan double insulated foldout windows.....I wonder if they sold any of these?

The "cool Class A" is the Winnebago Via (also the Itasca Reyo).  The last I heard, they weren't being produced yet.  I have to wonder if there will be sufficient demand for them.  I'll have to see one "up close and personal" before I'll get excited about it.  From the prototype pics, it looks like the driver's seat and steering wheel are quite far back from the windshield.

Thanks for the info John, we are interested also. I'd like to see a tandem axle offered, but I am sure that will not be the case. I think I would be more satisfied with similar products with a large increase in quality control. Less problems to be fixed after the coach leaves the factory, as it should be.

Jim

We're in Albert Lea, MN at the Midwest Area of FMCA rally. On today's agenda were tours of the Winnebago factory in Forest City, about 45 minutes away. Got very few details, we were on a tight schedule and ran out of time to look at any display models. We did see a 42' tag axle DP sitting in the yard and a 25' 2010 Class A Sprinter on the production line. It only had the floor structure in place and couldn't get very close to check out any details. The 42' had 3 roof airs, Winnebago is still working on the necessary air flow of the ceiling ducts.

BernieD said:
We did see a 42' tag axle DP sitting in the yard

Ah-ha - rumors have been going around for several months about Winnie using a tag axle in a DP!  Thanks for the report!

Edit:  Yup - tag axles are in the lineup!

Link to 6/18 Winnie conference call synopsis

My gut feeling is that adding a tag axle to the Winny lineup will prove to be a good move, as will the bath and a half. Smart move on their part to move forword even during slow times.

Kevin - steerable tag would be pretty high-end and Winnie gave up that market when they pulled the plug on the Ultimates.  What would be nice is if the tag auto lifts below a certain speed (hmm - hopefully it lifts!)  I'm also wondering if it is side radiator or rear radiator. Freightliner has had a tag axle in production for maybe two or three years (maybe longer - don't really know) - I'm assuming Winnie is still using Freightliner.

I'm trying to get more details, but it is a little early.  Dealers were sent a DVD of the new lineup so go bend the ear of your local friendly Winnie/Itasca dealer.

Becks said:
My gut feeling is that adding a tag axle to the Winny lineup will prove to be a good move, as will the bath and a half. Smart move on their part to move forword even during slow times.

Winnebago brought a couple of Vectras to the Midwest area rally. Finally got a chance to look at them today. No rear bath or dishwasher. The dishwasher is available as an option. There will be a 1 1/2 bath 40' model in the 2010 line.

Back
Top Bottom